Spillovers from the Euro Area Sovereign Debt Crisis: A Macroeconometric Model Based Analysis
This paper analyzes past and possible future spillovers from the Euro Area Sovereign Debt Crisis, both within the Euro Area and to the rest of the world. This analysis is based on a structural macroeconometric model of the world economy, disaggregated into fifteen national economies. We find that macroeconomic and financial market spillovers have been small outside of countries with high trade or financial exposures, but that they could become large if severe financial stress were to spread beyond Greece, Ireland and Portugal.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.|
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alter, Adrian & Schüler, Yves S., 2012.
"Credit spread interdependencies of European states and banks during the financial crisis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3444-3468.
- Adrian Alter & Yves Stephan Schüler, 2011. "Credit Spead Interdependencies of European States and Banks during the Financial Crisis," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-24, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Michael G. Arghyrou & Alexandros Kontonikas, 2011.
"The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
436, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Arghyrou, Michael G. & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2012. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 658-677.
- Michael G. Arghyrou & Alexandros Kontonikas, 2010. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," Working Papers 2010_25, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Arghyrou, Michael G. & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2010. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-81, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Arghyrou, Michael G & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2010. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2010/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Arghyrou, Michael G. & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2011. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: fundamentals, expectations and contagion," SIRE Focus Papers 2011-01, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Klein, Paul, 2000. "Using the generalized Schur form to solve a multivariate linear rational expectations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1405-1423, September.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Schulz, Alexander & Wolff, Guntram B., 2010.
"Banking and Sovereign Risk in the Euro Area,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7833, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francis Vitek, 2009. "Monetary Policy Analysis and Forecasting in the World Economy; A Panel Unobserved Components Approach," IMF Working Papers 09/238, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:8497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.