Strategic Asset Allocation in Money Management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:sae:socpsy:v:63:y:2017:i:8:p:708-716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Boreham & Richard Hall & Bill Harley, 1996. "Two Paths to Prosperity?: Work Organisation and Industrial Relations Decentralisation in Australia," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 10(3), pages 449-468, September.
- Loranth Gyongyi & Sciubba Emanuela, 2006.
"Relative Performance, Risk and Entry in the Mutual Fund Industry,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, September.
- Lóránth, Gyöngyi & Sciubba, Emanuela, 2002. "Relative Performance, Risk and Entry in the Mutual Fund Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 3504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gyöngyi Lóránth & Emanuela Sciubba, 2006. "Relative Performance, Risk and Entry in the Mutual Fund Industry," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0612, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Michael R. Baye & Guoqiang Tian & Jianxin Zhou, 1993. "Characterizations of the Existence of Equilibria in Games with Discontinuous and Non-quasiconcave Payoffs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 935-948.
- Subir Bose & Gerhard Orosel & Marco Ottaviani & Lise Vesterlund, 2006. "Dynamic monopoly pricing and herding," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(4), pages 910-928, December.
- Huang, Wei, 2007. "Financial integration and the price of world covariance risk: Large- vs. small-cap stocks," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1311-1337, December.
- Jérôme B. Detemple & René Garcia & Marcel Rindisbacher, 2003. "A Monte Carlo Method for Optimal Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 401-446, February.
- Anand M. Goel & Anjan V. Thakor, 2005. "Green with Envy: Implications for Corporate Investment Distortions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2255-2288, November.
- repec:hin:jnijsa:840612 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guercio, Diane Del & Tkac, Paula A., 2008.
"Star Power: The Effect of Monrningstar Ratings on Mutual Fund Flow,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(04), pages 907-936, December.
- Diane Del Guercio & Paula A. Tkac, 2001. "Star power: the effect of Morningstar ratings on mutual fund flows," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2001-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jaksa Cvitanic & Levon Goukasian & Fernando Zapatero, 2000. "Monte Carlo Valuation of Optimal Portfolios in Complete Markets," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1246, Econometric Society.
- DeMarzo, Peter & Kaniel, Ron & Kremer, Ilan, 2007. "Technological innovation and real investment booms and busts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 735-754, September.
- Daiki Maki, 2008. "The Performance of Variance Ratio Unit Root Tests Under Nonlinear Stationary TAR and STAR Processes: Evidence from Monte Carlo Simulations and Applications," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 77-94, February.
- Suleyman Basak & Anna Pavlova & Alexander Shapiro, 2007.
"Optimal Asset Allocation and Risk Shifting in Money Management,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(5), pages 1583-1621, 2007 21.
- Basak, Suleyman & Pavlova, Anna & Shapiro, Alex, 2006. "Optimal Asset Allocation and Risk Shifting in Money Management," CEPR Discussion Papers 5524, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jennifer Carpenter, 1999. "Does Option Compensation Increase Managerial Risk Appetite?," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-076, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Peter M. DeMarzo & Ron Kaniel & Ilan Kremer, 2008. "Relative Wealth Concerns and Financial Bubbles," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(1), pages 19-50, January.
- Goriaev, A.P. & Palomino, F.A. & Prat, A., 2000.
"Mutual Fund Tournament : Risk Taking Incentives Induced by Ranking Objectives,"
2000-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goriaev, Alexei P. & Palomino, Frédéric & Prat, Andrea, 2001. "Mutual Fund Tournament: Risk Taking Incentives Induced By Ranking Objectives," CEPR Discussion Papers 2794, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Kempf & Stefan Ruenzi, 2008. "Tournaments in Mutual-Fund Families," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 1013-1036, April.
- Palomino, Frederic, 2005. "Relative performance objectives in financial markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 351-375, July.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Axel Stahmer, 2015. "Fund flows inducing mispricing of risk in competitive financial markets," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-15-04, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Basak, Suleyman & Makarov, Dmitry, 2012.
"Difference in interim performance and risk taking with short-sale constraints,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 377-392.
- Basak, Suleyman & Makarov, Dmitry, 2010. "Difference in Interim Performance and Risk Taking with Short-Sale Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 8072, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Suleyman Basak & Dmitry Makarov, 2010. "Difference in Interim Performance and Risk Taking with Short-sale Constraints," Working Papers w0159, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Ron Kaniel & Péter Kondor, 2013. "The Delegated Lucas Tree," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(4), pages 929-984.
- Fang, Dawei & Holmén, Martin & Kleinlercher, Daniel & Kirchler, Michael, 2017. "How tournament incentives affect asset markets: A comparison between winner-take-all tournaments and elimination contests," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 1-27.
- Castañeda, Pablo & Devoto, Benjamín, 2016. "On the structural estimation of an optimal portfolio rule," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 290-300.
- Mourad Mroua & Fathi Abid, 2014. "Portfolio revision and optimal diversification strategy choices," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 537-564, August.
- Emmanuel Mamatzakis & Mike Tsionas, 2018. "A Bayesian dynamic model to test persistence in funds' performance," Working Paper series 18-23, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:3:p:1144-1158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Shiyang & Qiu, Zhigang & Shang, Qi & Tang, Ke, 2013. "Asset pricing with heterogeneous beliefs and relative performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4107-4119.
- Liu, Xiangbo & Qiu, Zhigang & Xiong, Yan, 2013. "VaR constrained asset pricing with relative performance," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 174-178.
- Han Feng & David Hobson, 2013. "Gambling in contests with regret," Papers 1301.0719, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:89:y:2018:i:c:p:105-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:129:y:2018:i:1:p:87-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chia-Ying Chan & Christine W. Lai & Liang-Chung Lee, 2017. "Strategic Choice of Risk: Evidence from Mutual Fund Families," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 125-163, February.
- Alain Bensoussan & Abel Cadenillas & Hyeng Keun Koo, 2015. "Entrepreneurial Decisions on Effort and Project with a Nonconcave Objective Function," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 40(4), pages 902-914, October.
- Guan, Guohui & Liang, Zongxia, 2016. "A stochastic Nash equilibrium portfolio game between two DC pension funds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 237-244.
- Castaneda, Pablo & Rudolph, Heinz P., 2011. "Upgrading investment regulations in second pillar pension systems : a proposal for Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5775, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsfund flows; incentives; Money Managers; portfolio choice; relative performance; risk shifting; strategic interactions; tournaments;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:8457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.