Selective contracting and foreclosure in health care markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bijlsma, M. & Boone, J. & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2009. "Selective Contracting and Foreclosure in Health Care Markets," Discussion Paper 2009-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Jan Boone & Gijsbert Zwart, 2010. "Selective contracting and foreclosure in health care markets," CPB Discussion Paper 140, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2003. " Competition and Market Power in Option Demand Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 737-763, Winter.
- David Spector, 2011. "Exclusive contracts and demand foreclosure," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 42(4), pages 619-638, December.
- Town, Robert & Vistnes, Gregory, 2001. "Hospital competition in HMO networks," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 733-753, September.
- Scott, Anthony, 2000. "Economics of general practice," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 22, pages 1175-1200 Elsevier.
- Nathalie Fombaron & Carine Milcent, 2007. "The distortionary effect of health insurance on health demand," PSE Working Papers halshs-00587713, HAL.
- Vita, Michael G., 2001. "Regulatory restrictions on selective contracting: an empirical analysis of "any-willing-provider" regulations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 955-966, November.
- Martin Gaynor & Ching-to Albert Ma, "undated". "Insurance, Vertical Restraints, and Competition," GSIA Working Papers 53, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Bardey & Giancarlo Buitrago, 2015. "Integración vertical en el sector de la salud colombiano," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 014069, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Bardey David & Bourgeon Jean-Marc, 2011.
"Health Care Network Formation and Policyholders' Welfare,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-20, January.
- David Bardey & Jean-Marc Bourgeon, 2010. "Healt care network formation and policyholders'welfare," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 007457, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Bardey, David & Bourgeon, Jean-Marc, 2010. "Health Care Network Formation and Policyholders' Welfare," TSE Working Papers 10-183, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gaynor, Martin & Town, Robert J., 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011. "Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J Town, 2012. "Competition in Health Care Markets," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 12/282, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Boone, J. & Schottmuller, C., 2015.
"Health Provider Networks, Quality and Costs,"
2015-005, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, J. & Schottmuller, C., 2015. "Health Provider Networks, Quality and Costs," Discussion Paper 2015-003, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, Jan & Schottmüller, Christoph, 2015. "Health provider networks, quality and costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 10381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Boone & Christoph Schottmüller, 2015. "Health provider networks, quality and costs," Discussion Papers 15-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsanti-competitive effects; exclusion; foreclosure; health insurance; selective contracting; uninsured;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-12-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HEA-2009-12-05 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2009-12-05 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-REG-2009-12-05 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.