Price effects of a hospital merger: Heterogeneity across health insurers, hospital products, and hospital locations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Aviv Nevo & Robert Town, 2015.
"Mergers When Prices Are Negotiated: Evidence from the Hospital Industry,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(1), pages 172-203, January.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Aviv Nevo & Robert Town, 2013. "Mergers When Prices are Negotiated: Evidence from the Hospital Industry," NBER Working Papers 18875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Donald & Kevin Lang, 2007. "Inference with Difference-in-Differences and Other Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 221-233, May.
- Aileen Thompson, 2011. "The Effect of Hospital Mergers on Inpatient Prices: A Case Study of the New Hanover-Cape Fear Transaction," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 91-101.
- Matthew Grennan, 2014. "Bargaining Ability and Competitive Advantage: Empirical Evidence from Medical Devices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(12), pages 3011-3025, December.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0469 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B, 2003.
"Competition among Hospitals,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 764-785, Winter.
- Martin Gaynor & William Vogt, 2002. "Competition Among Hospitals," GSIA Working Papers 2003-E20, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 2003. "Competition Among Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 9471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & William B Vogt, 2003. "Competition among Hospitals," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/087, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ho, Vivian & Town, Robert J. & Heslin, Martin J., 2007. "Regionalization versus competition in complex cancer surgery," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 51-71, January.
- Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2003. "Competition and Market Power in Option Demand Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 737-763, Winter.
- Town, Robert & Vistnes, Gregory, 2001. "Hospital competition in HMO networks," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 733-753, September.
- Kenneth Elzinga & Anthony Swisher, 2011. "Limits of the Elzinga-Hogarty Test in Hospital Mergers: The Evanston Case," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 133-146.
- Hentschker, Corinna & Mennicken, Roman & Schmid, Andreas, 2014.
"Defining Hospital Markets - An Application to the German Hospital Sector,"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-17.
- Hentschker, Corinna & Schmid, Andreas & Mennicken, Roman, 2014. "Defining Hospital Markets – An Application to the German Hospital Sector," Ruhr Economic Papers 469, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Frederik T. Schut & Wynand P. M. M. Van de Ven, 2005. "Rationing and competition in the Dutch health‐care system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 59-74, September.
- Steven Tenn, 2011. "The Price Effects of Hospital Mergers: A Case Study of the Sutter-Summit Transaction," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 65-82.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Jason Shafrin’s journal round-up for 9th September 2019
by Jason Shafrin in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2019-09-09 11:00:23
- Academic Health Economist’s Blog: Journal Round Up
by Jason Shafrin in Healthcare Economist on 2019-09-09 21:01:11
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rudy Douven & Chiara Brouns & Ron Kemp, 2020. "Prices and market power in mental health care: Evidence from a major policy change in the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 414.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:28:y:2019:i:9:p:1130-1145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.