Rationing and competition in the Dutch health-care system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- W.B.F. Brouwer & F.T. Schut, 1999. "Priority care for employees: A blessing in disguise?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 65-73.
- Maarse, J. A. M., 1989. "Hospital budgeting in Holland: aspects, trends and effects," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Zeynep Or, 2002. "Improving the Performance of Health Care Systems: From Measures to Action (A Review of Experiences in Four OECD Countries)," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 57, OECD Publishing.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Hassink, Wolter H. J., 2002. "Managed competition and consumer price sensitivity in social health insurance," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1009-1029, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1991:81:11:1442-1447_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T., 1994. "Should catastrophic risks be included in a regulated competitive health insurance market?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1459-1472, November.
- Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2003. "Risk adjusted premium subsidies and risk sharing: key elements of the competitive sickness fund market in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 49-62, July.
- Paolucci, Francesco & Exter, Andre Den & De Ven, Wynand Van, 2006. "Solidarity in competitive health insurance markets: analysing the relevant EC legal framework," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 107-126, April.
- Lieverdink, Harm & Maarse, Hans, 1995. "Negotiating fees for medical specialists in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 81-101, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Puck Beukers & Ron Kemp & Marco Varkevisser, 2014. "Patient hospital choice for hip replacement: empirical evidence from the Netherlands," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(9), pages 927-936, December.
- Ron Kemp & Nikki Kersten & Astrid Severijnen, 2012.
"Price Effects of Dutch Hospital Mergers: An Ex-post Assessment of Hip Surgery,"
Springer, vol. 160(3), pages 237-255, September.
- Ron Kemp & Astrid Severijnen, 2010. "Price effects of Dutch hospital mergers, An ex post assessment of hip surgery," NMa Working Papers 2, Netherlands Competition Authority.
- Karen Eggleston & Randall P. Ellis & Mingshan Lu, 2007. "Prevention and Dynamic Risk Adjustment," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-023, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Greß, Stefan & Manouguian, Maral & Wasem, Jürgen, 2006. "Krankenversicherungsreform in den Niederlanden: Vorbild für einen Kompromiss zwischen Bürgerversicherung und Pauschalprämie in Deutschland?," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 150, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Lieke H. H. M. Boonen & Frederik T. Schut & Xander Koolman, 2008. "Consumer channeling by health insurers: natural experiments with preferred providers in the Dutch pharmacy market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 299-316.
- Toth, Federico, 2010. "Healthcare policies over the last 20 years: Reforms and counter-reforms," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 82-89, April.
- Tsiachristas, Apostolos & Hipple-Walters, Bethany & Lemmens, Karin M.M. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Rutten-van Mölken, Maureen P.M.H., 2011. "Towards integrated care for chronic conditions: Dutch policy developments to overcome the (financial) barriers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 122-132, July.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:5:y:2007:i:1:p:14567270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wynand P. M. M. Van de Ven & Frederik T. Schut, 2009. "Managed competition in the Netherlands: still work-in-progress," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 253-255.
- Marco Varkevisser & Stéphanie Geest & Frederik Schut, 2010. "Assessing hospital competition when prices don’t matter to patients: the use of time-elasticities," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 43-60, March.
- repec:taf:pubmmg:v:36:y:2016:i:6:p:409-416 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ilaria Mosca & Anoushka Schut-Welkzijn, 2008. "Choice determinants of the mobility in the Dutch health insurance market," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 9(3), pages 261-264, August.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Varkevisser, Marco, 2013. "Tackling hospital waiting times: The impact of past and current policies in the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 127-133.
- Stefan GreÃŸ & Maral Manouguian & JÃ¼rgen Wasem, 2007. "Health Insurance Reform in the Netherlands," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 5(1), pages 63-67, 05.
- Schmid, Andreas & Varkevisser, Marco, 2016. "Hospital merger control in Germany, the Netherlands and England: Experiences and challenges," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 16-25.
- Wubulihasimu, Parida & Gheorghe, Maria & Slobbe, Lany & Polder, Johan & van Baal, Pieter, 2015. "Trends in Dutch hospital spending by age and disease 1994–2010," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 316-323.
- Joan Costa-Font & Valentina Zigante, 2016.
"The choice agenda in European health systems: the role of middle-class demands,"
Public Money & Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 409-416, September.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Valentina Zigante, 2014. "The Choice Agenda' in European Health Systems: The Role of 'Middle Class Demands," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 82, European Institute, LSE.
- Tsiachristas, A. & Wallenburg, I. & Bond, C.M. & Elliot, R.F. & Busse, R. & van Exel, J. & Rutten-van Mölken, M.P. & de Bont, A., 2015. "Costs and effects of new professional roles: Evidence from a literature review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 1176-1187.
- Johannes Schoder & Peter Zweifel, 2008. "The Contribution of Managed Care to the Performance of Healthcare Systems - Evidence from Three Countries," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 477-493, September.
- van den Berg, Bernard & Van Dommelen, Paula & Stam, Piet & Laske-Aldershof, Trea & Buchmueller, Tom & Schut, Frederik T., 2008. "Preferences and choices for care and health insurance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2448-2459, June.
- Marco Varkevisser & Stéphanie Geest, 2007. "Why do patients bypass the nearest hospital? An empirical analysis for orthopaedic care and neurosurgery in the Netherlands," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 8(3), pages 287-295, September.
- Martin Ineveld & Jeroen Oostrum & Rob Vermeulen & Adri Steenhoek & Joris Klundert, 2016. "Productivity and quality of Dutch hospitals during system reform," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 279-290, September.
- Heinemann, Stephanie & Leiber, Simone & Greß, Stefan, 2013. "Managed competition in the Netherlands—A qualitative study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 113-121.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:14:y:2005:i:s1:p:s59-s74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .