Health Provider Networks, Quality and Costs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Boone, Jan & Schottmüller, Christoph, 2015. "Health provider networks, quality and costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 10381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Boone & Christoph Schottmüller, 2015. "Health provider networks, quality and costs," Discussion Papers 15-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Boone, J. & Schottmuller, C., 2015. "Health Provider Networks, Quality and Costs," Discussion Paper 2015-005, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1998.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 64-103, February.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, "undated". "Exclusive Dealing," Working Papers 96008, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1996. "Exclusive Dealing," NBER Working Papers 5666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernheim, B.D., 1992. "Exclusive Dealing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1622, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David Bardey & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"Competition Among Health Plans: A Two-Sided Market Approach,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 435-451, June.
- David Bardey & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2009. "Competition among health plans: a two-sided market approach," Documentos de Trabajo 005217, Universidad del Rosario.
- Bijlsma, M. & Boone, J. & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2009.
"Selective Contracting and Foreclosure in Health Care Markets,"
2009-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bijlsma, Michiel & Boone, Jan & Zwart, Gijsbert, 2009. "Selective contracting and foreclosure in health care markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 7576, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Jan Boone & Gijsbert Zwart, 2010. "Selective contracting and foreclosure in health care markets," CPB Discussion Paper 140, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Martin Gaynor, "undated".
"What Do We Know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?,"
GSIA Working Papers
2006-E62, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor, 2006. "What Do We know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 06/151, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Martin Gaynor, 2006. "What Do We Know About Competition and Quality in Health Care Markets?," NBER Working Papers 12301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Liebman & Richard Zeckhauser, 2008. "Simple Humans, Complex Insurance, Subtle Subsidies," NBER Working Papers 14330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ilya Segal, 1999. "Contracting with Externalities," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 337-388.
- David M. Cutler & Mark McClellan & Joseph P. Newhouse, 2000. "How Does Managed Care Do It?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(3), pages 526-548, Autumn.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark & White, William D, 1993. "Price and Concentration in Hospital Markets: The Switch from Patient-Driven to Payer-Driven Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 179-204, April.
- McClellan, Mark & Cutler, David & Newhous, Joseph P., 2000. "How Does Managed Care Do It?," Scholarly Articles 2643884, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boone, Jan & Douven, Rudy, 2014.
"Provider competition and over-utilization in health care,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J. & Douven, R.C.M.H., 2014. "Provider Competition and Over-Utilization in Health Care," Discussion Paper 2014-055, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Boone & Rudy Douven, 2014. "Provider competition and over-utilization in health care," CPB Discussion Paper 275, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
More about this item
Keywordsselective contracting; exclusive contracts; common; common contracts; managed care; health care quality; signaling;
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiutil:5876be16-fe6d-49b8-9b33-4cbb9b4e0618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/research/institutes-and-research-groups/center-ar/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.