The Strategic Determinants of U.S. Human Rights Reporting: Evidence from the Cold War
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Nancy Qian & David Yanagizawa, 2009. "The Strategic Determinants of U.S. Human Rights Reporting: Evidence from The Cold War," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 446-457, 04-05.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Eisensee & David Strömberg, 2007. "News Droughts, News Floods, and U. S. Disaster Relief," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 693-728.
- Ilyana Kuziemko & Eric Werker, 2006. "How Much Is a Seat on the Security Council Worth? Foreign Aid and Bribery at the United Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(5), pages 905-930, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2016. "Tweeting for Power: Social Media and Political Campaigning in Indonesia," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2016-43, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- David Strömberg, 2015. "Media and Politics," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 173-205, August.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2016. "Social Media and Politics in Indonesia," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2016-42, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- Nancy Qian & David Yanagizawa-Drott, 2010. "Government Distortion in Independently Owned Media: Evidence from U.S. Cold War News Coverage of Human Rights," NBER Working Papers 15738, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuchs , Andreas & Gehring , Kai, 2013.
"The Home Bias in Sovereign Ratings,"
0552, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Fuchs & Kai Gehring, 2015. "The Home Bias in Sovereign Ratings," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 179, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Gehring, Kai & Fuchs, Andreas, 2014. "The Home Bias in Sovereign Ratings," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100274, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Couttenier, Mathieu & Hatte, Sophie, 2016.
"Mass media effects on non-governmental organizations,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 57-72.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Sophie Hatte, 2015. "Mass Media Effects on Non-Governmental Organizations," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 13.01, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Arvind Magesan & Eik Leong Swee, "undated". "Is Happiness Really a Warm Gun? The Consequences of U.S. Weapons Sales for Political Violence," Working Papers 2015-09, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 25 Jun 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Relations; Political Economy; War;
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.