The Strategic Determinants of U.S. Human Rights Reporting: Evidence from The Cold War
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Qian, Nancy & Yanagizawa-Drott, David, 2008. "The Strategic Determinants of U.S. Human Rights Reporting: Evidence from the Cold War," CEPR Discussion Papers 7026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Eisensee & David Strömberg, 2007. "News Droughts, News Floods, and U. S. Disaster Relief," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 693-728.
- Ilyana Kuziemko & Eric Werker, 2006. "How Much Is a Seat on the Security Council Worth? Foreign Aid and Bribery at the United Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(5), pages 905-930, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2016. "Tweeting for Power: Social Media and Political Campaigning in Indonesia," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2016-43, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:104:y:2018:i:c:p:222-237 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Strömberg, 2015. "Media and Politics," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 173-205, August.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2016. "Social Media and Politics in Indonesia," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2016-42, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- Nancy Qian & David Yanagizawa-Drott, 2010. "Government Distortion in Independently Owned Media: Evidence from U.S. Cold War News Coverage of Human Rights," NBER Working Papers 15738, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuchs , Andreas & Gehring , Kai, 2013.
"The Home Bias in Sovereign Ratings,"
0552, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Fuchs & Kai Gehring, 2015. "The Home Bias in Sovereign Ratings," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 179, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Gehring, Kai & Fuchs, Andreas, 2014. "The Home Bias in Sovereign Ratings," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100274, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Couttenier, Mathieu & Hatte, Sophie, 2016.
"Mass media effects on non-governmental organizations,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 57-72.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Sophie Hatte, 2015. "Mass Media Effects on Non-Governmental Organizations," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 13.01, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Arvind Magesan & Eik Leong Swee, "undated". "Is Happiness Really a Warm Gun? The Consequences of U.S. Weapons Sales for Political Violence," Working Papers 2015-09, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 25 Jun 2015.
- repec:cog:poango:v:6:y:2018:i:1:p:105-116 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:jeurec:v:7:y:2009:i:2-3:p:446-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/jeea .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.