Footloose Monopolies: Regulating a "National Champion"
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giacomo Calzolari & Carlo Scarpa, 2009. "Footloose Monopolies: Regulating a "National Champion"," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 1179-1214, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Besley & Paul Seabright, 1999. "The effects and policy implications of state aids to industry: an economic analysis," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 13-53, April.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Pavan, Alessandro, 2006.
"On the optimality of privacy in sequential contracting,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 168-204, September.
- Alessandro Pavan, 2004. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Theory workshop papers 658612000000000067, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2005. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Discussion Papers 1404, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2004. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Discussion Papers 1394, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helm, Dieter & Jenkinson, Tim, 1997. "The Assessment: Introducing Competition into Regulated Industries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14, Spring.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1984. "A complete solution to a class of principal-agent problems with an application to the control of a self-managed firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-369, December.
- Qui, Larry D., 1994. "Optimal strategic trade policy under asymmetric information," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 333-354, May.
- John Vickers, 1995. "Competition and Regulation in Vertically Related Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 1-17.
- Giacomo Calzolari, 2004. "Incentive Regulation of Multinational Enterprises," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(1), pages 257-282, February.
- Stephen Martin & Paola Valbonesi, 2006.
"State Aid to Business,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on Industrial Policy, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter Møllgaard & Jo Lorentzen, 2005. "Competition Policy and Innovation," CIE Discussion Papers 2005-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Møllgaard, Peter & Lorentzen, Jo, 2006. "Competition Policy and Innovation," Working Papers 09-2005, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stähler, Frank & Traub, Stefan, 2009. "Privatization and liberalization in vertically linked markets," TranState Working Papers 95, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Fiocco, Raffaele & Scarpa, Carlo, 2014. "The regulation of markets with interdependent demands," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-12.
- Raffaele Fiocco, 2012.
"Competition and regulation with product differentiation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 287-307, December.
- Raffaele Fiocco, 2011. "Competition and regulation in a differentiated good market," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-084, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Scarpa, Carlo, 2007. "Regulating a Multi-Utility Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 6238, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlo Scarpa & Giacomo Calzolari, 2009. "On Regulation and Competition: Pros and Cons of a Diversified Monopolist," Working Papers 2009.55, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:450-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raffaele Fiocco & Dongyu Guo, 2015.
"Mergers between regulated firms with unknown efficiency gains,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 19(4), pages 299-326, December.
- Fiocco, Raffaele & Guo, Dongyu, 2014. "Mergers between regulated firms with unknown efficiency gains," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 464, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Competition; Multinational Enterprises; National Champions; Regulation;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-09-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2007-09-09 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2007-09-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2007-09-09 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:6413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.