Geography, Search Frictions and Endogenous Trade Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Giulia Brancaccio & Myrto Kalouptsidi & Theodore Papageorgiou, 2017. "Geography, Search Frictions and Endogenous Trade Costs," NBER Working Papers 23581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ricardo Reyes-Heroles, 2017. "The Role of Trade Costs in the Surge of Trade Imbalances," 2017 Meeting Papers 212, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- David Hummels & Alexandre Skiba, 2004.
"Shipping the Good Apples Out? An Empirical Confirmation of the Alchian-Allen Conjecture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(6), pages 1384-1402, December.
- David Hummels & Alexandre Skiba, 2002. "Shipping the Good Apples Out? An Empirical Confirmation of the Alchian-Allen Conjecture," NBER Working Papers 9023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Lagos, 2000. "An Alternative Approach to Search Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 851-873, October.
- Ariel Pakes & Michael Ostrovsky & Steven Berry, 2007.
"Simple estimators for the parameters of discrete dynamic games (with entry/exit examples),"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(2), pages 373-399, June.
- Ariel Pakes & Michael Ostrovsky & Steve Berry, 2004. "Simple Estimators for the Parameters of Discrete Dynamic Games (with Entry/Exit Samples)," NBER Working Papers 10506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ariel Pakes & Michael Ostrovsky & Steve Berry, 2004. "Simple Estimators for the Parameters of Discrete Dynamic Games (with Entry/Exit Examples)," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2036, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Patrick Bajari & C. Lanier Benkard, 2005. "Demand Estimation with Heterogeneous Consumers and Unobserved Product Characteristics: A Hedonic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(6), pages 1239-1276, December.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, January.
- Jota Ishikawa & Nori Tarui, 2015.
"Backfiring with backhaul problems: Trade and Industrial Policies with Endogenous Transport Costs,"
201514, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- ISHIKAWA, Jota & TARUI, Nori, 2015. "Backfiring with backhaul problems: Trade and Industrial Policies with Endogenous Transport Costs," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-12, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & TARUI Nori, 2016. "Backfiring with Backhaul Problems: Trade and industrial policies with endogenous transport costs," Discussion papers 16006, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Paul Scott & Eduardo Souza-Rodrigues & Myrto Kalouptsidi, 2016. "Identification of Counterfactuals in Dynamic Discrete Choice Models," 2016 Meeting Papers 282, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 2007. "Sequential Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 1-53, January.
- Frechette, Guilaume & Lizzeri, Alessandro & Salz, Tobias, 2016. "Frictions in a Competitive, Regulated Market Evidence from Taxis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11626, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Myrto Kalouptsidi & Paul T. Scott & Eduardo Souza-Rodrigues, 2015. "Identification of Counterfactuals in Dynamic Discrete Choice Models," NBER Working Papers 21527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsGeography; matching function estimation; search frictions; shipping; Trade Costs; Trade Flows; trade imbalances; Transportation;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- R4 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:12141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.