The Choice of Valuation Techniques in Practice: Education versus Profession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lilia Mukhlynina & Kjell G. Nyborg, 2016. "The Choice of Valuation Techniques in Practice: Education versus Profession," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 16-36, Swiss Finance Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miles, James A. & Ezzell, John R., 1980. "The Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Perfect Capital Markets, and Project Life: A Clarification," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 719-730, September.
- Ian A. Cooper & Kjell G. Nyborg, 2008.
"Tax‐Adjusted Discount Rates with Investor Taxes and Risky Debt,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 365-379, June.
- Cooper, Ian A. & Nyborg, Kjell G., 2005. "Tax-adjusted discount rates with investor taxes and risky debt," Discussion Papers 2005/15, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science, revised 20 Sep 2007.
- Cooper, Ian & Nyborg, Kjell G, 2008. "Tax-Adjusted Discount Rates with Investor Taxes and Risky Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 6646, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alford, Aw, 1992. "The Effect Of The Set Of Comparable Firms On The Accuracy Of The Price Earnings Valuation Method," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 94-108.
- Glen C. Arnold & Panos D. Hatzopoulos, 2000. "The Theory-Practice Gap in Capital Budgeting: Evidence from the United Kingdom," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5&6), pages 603-626.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier, Jacques & Dessaint, Olivier & Otto, Clemens A. & Thesmar, David, 2017.
"CAPM-Based Company (Mis)valuations,"
HEC Research Papers Series
1235, HEC Paris, revised 20 Mar 2018.
- Dessaint, Olivier & Olivier, Jacques & Otto, Clemens & Thesmar, David, 2017. "CAPM-Based Company (Mis)valuations," CEPR Discussion Papers 12526, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Dessaint & Olivier Olivier & Clemens Otto & David Thesmar, 2018. "CAPM-Based Company (Mis)valuations," Working Papers hal-01941501, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsDCF; finance education; multiples; sociological hypothesis; Valuation; valuation cultures;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- G02 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Finance: Underlying Principles
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:11303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.