Optimal Cost Overruns: Procurement Auctions and Renegotiation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Fabian Herweg & Marco A. Schwarz, 2016. "Optimal Cost Overruns: Procurement Auctions and Renegotiation," CESifo Working Paper Series 5838, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan José Ganuza, 2003. "Competition and cost overruns in procurement," Economics Working Papers 772, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475, October.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2015.
"An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement,"
INFORMS, vol. 61(5), pages 1036-1051, May.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2012. "An experimental investigation of auctions and bargaining in procurement," Working Papers 1203, Xiamen Unversity, The Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics, Finance and Economics Experimental Laboratory, revised 17 Oct 2012.
- Jason Shachat & Lijia Tan, 2013. "An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement," WISE Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Shachat, Jason & Tan, Lijia, 2012. "An experimental investigation of auctions and bargaining in procurement," MPRA Paper 42409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Decarolis, 2014. "Awarding Price, Contract Performance, and Bids Screening: Evidence from Procurement Auctions," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 108-132, January.
- Paul Beaudry & Michel Poitevin, 1995.
"Contract Renegotiation: A Simple Framework and Implications for Organization Theory,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 302-335, May.
- Beaudry, P. & Poitevin, M., 1993. "Contract Renegotiation: A Simple Framework and Implications for Organization Theory," Cahiers de recherche 9332, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ching-Hua Chen-Ritzo & Terry P. Harrison & Anthony M. Kwasnica & Douglas J. Thomas, 2005. "Better, Faster, Cheaper: An Experimental Analysis of a Multiattribute Reverse Auction Mechanism with Restricted Information Feedback," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(12), pages 1753-1762, December.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, November.
- Waehrer Keith, 1995. "A Model of Auction Contracts with Liquidated Damages," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 531-555, December.
- Wei-Shiun Chang & Timothy C. Salmon & Krista J. Saral, 2016.
"Procurement Auctions With Renegotiation And Wealth Constraints,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(3), pages 1684-1704, July.
- Chang, Wei-Shiun & Salmon, Timothy C. & Saral, Krista Jabs, 2013. "Procurement Auctions with Renegotiation and Wealth Constraints," MPRA Paper 50137, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herweg, Fabian & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2014.
"Auctions vs. Negotiations:The Effects of Inefficient Renegotiation,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
484, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Fabian Herweg & Klaus Schmidt, 2015. "Auctions vs. Negotiations: The Effects of Inefficient Renegotiation," CESifo Working Paper Series 5268, CESifo Group Munich.
- Herweg, Fabian & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2014. "Auctions vs. Negotiations: The Effects of Inefficient Renegotiation," CEPR Discussion Papers 10284, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:epolin:v:45:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40812-017-0088-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herweg, Fabian & Schwarz, Marco A., 2017. "Optimal Cost Overruns: Procurement Auctions with Renegotiation," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 56, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
More about this item
KeywordsAuction; Cost Overrun; Procurement; Renegotiation;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2016-04-16 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-MIC-2016-04-16 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2016-04-16 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:11179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.