ORANI-G: A General Equilibrium Model of the Australian Economy
ORANI is an applied general equilibrium (AGE) model of the Australian economy which is widely used by academics and by economists in the government and private sectors. We describe a generic version of the model, ORANI-G, designed both for expository purposes and as a convenient starting-point for those wishing to construct their own AGE model. ORANI-G forms the basis of an annual modelling course, and has been adapted to build models of South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Fiji, South Korea, Denmark, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and both Chinas. Our description of the model's equations and database is closely integrated with an explanation of how the model is solved. Indeed, the model equations are presented in the syntax, resembling ordinary algebraic notation, used by the GEMPACK modelling system to specify the model. The document includes: an outline of the structure of the model and of the appropriate interpretations of the results of comparative-static and forecasting simulations; a description of the solution procedure; a brief description of the data, emphasising the general features of the data structure required for such a model; a complete description of the theoretical specification of the model framed around the TABLO Input file which implements the model in GEMPACK.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 03 9919 1877
Web page: http://www.copsmodels.com/about.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul S. Armington, 1970. "Adjustment of Trade Balances: Some Experiments with a Model of Trade among Many Countries (Ajustement de la balance commerciale: quelques expÃ©riences avec un modÃ¨le d'Ã©changes internationaux) (El a," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(3), pages 488-526, November.
- B. R. Parmenter & G. A. Meagher, 1985. "Policy Analysis Using a Computable General Equilibrium Model: A Review of Experience at the IMPACT Project," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 18(1), pages 3-15.
- W. Jill Harrison & K.R. Pearson, 1994.
"Computing Solutions for Large General Equilibrium Models Using GEMPACK,"
Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers
ip-64, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Harrison, W Jill & Pearson, K R, 1996. "Computing Solutions for Large General Equilibrium Models Using GEMPACK," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 9(2), pages 83-127, May.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521319867 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cop:wpaper:op-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Horridge)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.