Hedging Alternatives for the Mortgage Stabilization Fund (FRENCH): European Cap Options for the Real Interest Rate
The World Bank has proposed an alternative hedging instrument to be offered by the FRECH, instead of the collar-swap currently available. The suggested derivative corresponds to a European Cap option for the real interest rate, which could give greater flexibility to the hedging mechanism, allowing it to be tailored for the specific needs of each Colombian Mortgage Bank (BECH). This paper finds the value of this derivative and analyses the critiques that have been made about the pricing of the collar-swap.
|Date of creation:||30 Dec 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo & Diego Mauricio Vásquez, 2003.
"Estimación de la estructura a plazo de las tasas de interés en Colombia,"
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando melo & Diego Mauricio Vásquez, 2002. "Estimación de la Estructura a Plazo de las Tasas de Interés en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 196, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo, 2002. "Estimación de la Estructura a Plazo de las Tasas de Interés en Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002594, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000094:002786. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.