The Devil is in the Detail: Hints for Practical Optimisation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christensen, T.M. & Hurn, A.S. & Lindsay, K.A., 2008. "The Devil is in the Detail: Hints for Practical Optimisation," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 345-368, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bronwyn H. Hall & Robert E. Hall & Jerry A. Hausman, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-1227, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Freebairn & Bill Griffiths, 2006. "Introduction," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages 1-1, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Allen & Michael McAleer, 2017.
"Theoretical and Empirical Differences Between Diagonal and Full Bekk for Risk Management,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
17-069/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer, 2017. "Theoretical and Empirical Differences Between Diagonal and Full BEKK for Risk Management," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2017-22, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Tan, A.C. & McAleer, M.J., 2017. "Theoretical and Empirical Differences Between Diagonal and Full BEKK for Risk Management," Econometric Institute Research Papers 17-069/III, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Haas, Marlene, 2016. "Anomalous Trading Prior to Lehman Brothers' Failure," CEPR Discussion Papers 11194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordsgradient algorithms; unconstrained optimisation; generalised method of moments.;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qut:auncer:2008-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (School of Economics and Finance). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ncerrau.html .