Violence and growth in colombia: a review of the quantitative literature
ABSTRACTThis is a critical review of the empirical literature on the relationship between violence and economic growth in Colombia: an interesting case study for social scientists studying violence, conflict, crime and development. We argue that, despite the rapid development of this literature and the increasing use of new techniques, there is still much room for research. After assessing the contribution of the most influential papers on the subject, we suggest directions for future research.
|Date of creation:||12 Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ana María Díaz & Fabio Sánchez, 2004. "Geografía De Los Cultivos Ilícitos Y Conflicto Armado En Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002766, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Mauricio CARDENAS SANTAMARIA, 2002.
"Economic growth in Colombia: A reversal of Fortune,"
ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA
002402, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Mauricio Cárdenas, 2007. "Economic Growth In Colombia: A Reversal Of ‘Fortune’?," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 25(53), pages 220-259, January.
- Dinar, Ariel & Keck, Andrew, 1997. "Private irrigation investment in Colombia: effects of violence, macroeconomic policy, and environmental conditions," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Armando Montenegro & Carlos Esteban Posada, .
"Criminalidad en Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
004, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan F. Vargas, 2012.
"The persistent Colombian conflict: subnational analysis of the duration of violence,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 203-223, April.
- Juan F. Vargas, 2011. "The persistent colombian conflict bubnational analysis of the duration of violence," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 007934, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Jorge Restrepo, Michael Spagat and Juan Vargas, 2003.
"The Dynamics of the Colombian Civil Conflict: A New Data Set,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
03/12, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2003.
- Jorge Restrepo & Michael Spagat & Juan Vargas, 2004. "The Dynamics of the Columbian Civil Conflict: A New Dataset," Homo Oeconomicus, Institute of SocioEconomics, vol. 21, pages 396-429.
- Restrepo, Jorge & Spagat, Michael & Vargas, Juan F, 2003. "The Dynamics of the Colombian Civil Conflict: A New Data Set," CEPR Discussion Papers 4108, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jorge Restrepo & Michael Spagat & Juan Vargas, 2004. "The Dynamics of the Colombian Civil Conflict: A New Data Set," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 04/10, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Jul 2004.
- Adriana Camacho, 2008. "Stress and Birth Weight: Evidence from Terrorist Attacks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 511-15, May.
- Andrés Castañeda & Juan F. Vargas, 2011.
"Sovereign Risk and Armed Conflict: An Event-study for Colombia,"
HiCN Working Papers
92, Households in Conflict Network.
- Andrés Casta�eda & Juan F. Vargas, 2012. "Sovereign risk and armed conflict: an event-study for colombia," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 185-201, April.
- Catherine Rodriguez & Fabio Sanchez, 2009.
"Armed Conflict Exposure, Human Capital Investments and Child Labor: Evidence from Colombia,"
HiCN Working Papers
68, Households in Conflict Network.
- Catherine rodríguez & fabio s�nchez, 2012. "Armed Conflict Exposure, Human Capital Investments, And Child Labor: Evidence From Colombia," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 161-184, April.
- Catherine Rodríguez & Fabio Sánchez T., 2009. "Armed Conflict Exposure, Human Capital Investments and Child Labor: Evidence from Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 005400, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- repec:oup:restud:v:80:y:2013:i:4:p:1384-1421 is not listed on IDEAS
- Camacho, Andriana & Rodriguez, Catherine, 2010.
"Firm Exit and Armed Conflict in Colombia,"
Working Paper Series
wp2010-94, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000092:008806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Facultad de Economía)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.