Violence in Mexico: An economic rationale of crime and its impacts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eide, Erling & Rubin, Paul H. & Shepherd, Joanna M., 2006. "Economics of Crime," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 205-279, December.
- Gaviria, Alejandro & Pages, Carmen, 2002. "Patterns of crime victimization in Latin American cities," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 181-203, February.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2011.
"The Dynamics of Income Inequality in Mexico since NAFTA,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2011), pages 155-188, August.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2010. "The dynamics of income inequality in Mexico since NAFTA," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2010-09, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
- GholamReza Keshavarz Haddad & Hamed Markazi Moghadam, 2011. "The socioeconomic and demographic determinants of crime in Iran (a regional panel study)," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 99-114, August.
- Enamorado, Ted & López-Calva, Luis F. & Rodríguez-Castelán, Carlos, 2014.
"Crime and growth convergence: Evidence from Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 9-13.
- Enamorado, Ted & Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Rodriguez-Castelan, Carlos, 2013. "Crime and growth convergence : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6730, The World Bank.
- Eric D. Gould & Bruce A. Weinberg & David B. Mustard, 2002. "Crime Rates And Local Labor Market Opportunities In The United States: 1979-1997," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Alvaro J. Riascos & Juan F. Vargas, 2011.
"Violence and growth in Colombia: A review of the quantitative literature,"
Economics of Peace and Security Journal,
EPS Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 15-20, July.
- Alvaro J. Riascos & Juan F. Vargas, 2011. "Violence and growth in colombia: a review of the quantitative literature," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 008806, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl & Torvik, Ragnar, 2005. "Crime induced poverty traps," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 325-340, August.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomia del crimen; Disuasion; Mexico.;
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qua:journl:v:12:y:2015:i:2:p:93-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Ivett Portugal Padilla). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dmudgmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.