Border effects in the enlarged EU area
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Borders, Trade and Welfare," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 508, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Patterns of Intra- and Inter-State Trade," NBER Working Papers 5939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carolyn Evans, 2006.
"Border effects and the availability of domestic products abroad,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 211-246, February.
- Carolyn L. Evans, 2001. "Border effects and the availability of domestic products abroad," Staff Reports 127, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Holger C. Wolf, 2000. "Intranational Home Bias In Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(4), pages 555-563, November.
- Helliwell, John F, 2002. "Measuring the Width of National Boarders," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 517-524, August.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2000.
"Non-Europe: The magnitude and causes of market fragmentation in the EU,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(2), pages 284-314, June.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2000. "Non-Europe : The Magnitude and Causes of Market Fragmentation in the EU," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267441, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Non-Europe : the magnitude and causes of market fragmentation in the EU," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla99004a, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Russell H. Hillberry, 2002. "Aggregation bias, compositional change, and the border effect," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(3), pages 517-530, August.
- Volker Nitsch, 2000. "National borders and international trade: evidence from the European Union," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1091-1105, November.
- John F. Helliwell, 1997. "National Borders, Trade and Migration," NBER Working Papers 6027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukas Mohler & Michael Seitz, 2012.
"The gains from variety in the European Union,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 148(3), pages 475-500, September.
- Mohler, Lukas & Seitz, Michael, 2009. "The gains from variety in the European Union," MPRA Paper 17589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohler, Lukas & Seitz, Michael, 2010. "The Gains from Variety in the European Union," Discussion Papers in Economics 11477, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2008.
"The impact of EU enlargement on European border regions,"
International Journal of Public Policy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 163-186.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," HWWA Discussion Papers 330, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa05p114, European Regional Science Association.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," Discussion Paper Series 26384, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Chevassus-Lozza, Emmanuelle & Majkovic, Darja & Persillet, Vanessa & Unguru, Manuela, 2005. "Technical Barriers to Trade in the European Union : Importance for the New EU Members. An Assessment for Agricultural and Food Products," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24621, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chevassus-Lozza, Emmanuelle & Latouche, Karine & Majkovic, Darja & Unguru, Manuela, 2008. "The importance of EU-15 borders for CEECs agri-food exports: The role of tariffs and non-tariff measures in the pre-accession period," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 595-606, December.
- Mika, Alina, 2017. "Home sweet home: the home bias in trade in the European Union," Working Paper Series 2046, European Central Bank.
- Veliko Dimitrov & Vladimir Dubrovskiy & Irina Orlova, 2007. "Institutional Harmonization in the Context of Relations Between the EU and Its Eastern Neighbours: Costs and Benefits and Methodologies of Their Measurement," CASE Network Reports 0075, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Chevassus-Lozza, Emmanuelle & Latouche, Karine & Majkovic, Darja, 2007. "How Much do Non-Tariff Measures Explain the Border Effect at Entry to the EU Market? The CEECs Agri-Food Exports to EU in the Pre-Accession Period," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9852, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yener Kandogan, 2006. "Falling Walls and Lifting Curtains: Analysis of Border Effects in Transition Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 821, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- G. Marletto, 2006. "La politica dei trasporti come politica per l'innovazione: spunti da un approccio evolutivo," Working Paper CRENoS 200605, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- OA Carboni & G. Medda, 2007. "Government Size and the Composition of Public Spending in a Neoclassical Growth Model," Working Paper CRENoS 200701, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2004-07-26 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:200301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CRENoS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crenoit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.