Recurrence quantification analysis of global stock markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bastos, João A. & Caiado, Jorge, 2011. "Recurrence quantification analysis of global stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(7), pages 1315-1325.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hsieh, David A, 1991. " Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics: Application to Financial Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1839-1877, December.
- Barnett, William A. & Serletis, Apostolos, 2000.
"Martingales, nonlinearity, and chaos,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 703-724, June.
- William A. Barnett & Apostolos Serletis, 1998. "Martingales, Nonlinearity, and Chaos," Econometrics 9805003, EconWPA.
- William Barnett & Apostolos Serletis, 2012. "Martingales, Nonlinearity, And Chaos," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201225, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Strozzi, Fernanda & Zaldívar, José-Manuel & Zbilut, Joseph P., 2007. "Recurrence quantification analysis and state space divergence reconstruction for financial time series analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 376(C), pages 487-499.
- Abhyankar, A & Copeland, L S & Wong, W, 1997. "Uncovering Nonlinear Structure in Real-Time Stock-Market Indexes: The S&P 500, the DAX, the Nikkei 225, and the FTSE-100," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-273, April.
- Strozzi, Fernanda & Zaldı́var, José-Manuel & Zbilut, Joseph P, 2002. "Application of nonlinear time series analysis techniques to high-frequency currency exchange data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 312(3), pages 520-538.
- Guhathakurta, Kousik & Bhattacharya, Basabi & Chowdhury, A. Roy, 2010. "Using recurrence plot analysis to distinguish between endogenous and exogenous stock market crashes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(9), pages 1874-1882.
- Jorge Belaire-Franch, & Dulce Contreras & Lorena Tordera-Lledo, 2002. "Assessing Non-Linear Structures in Real Exchange Rates Using Recurrence Plot Strategies," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 239, Society for Computational Economics.
- Aparicio, Teresa & Pozo, Eduardo F. & Saura, Dulce, 2008. "Detecting determinism using recurrence quantification analysis: Three test procedures," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 768-787, March.
- Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1988.
"Mean reversion in stock prices : Evidence and Implications,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-59, October.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 2343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marisa Faggini & Anna Parziale, 2016. "More than 20 years of chaos in economics," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 15(1), pages 53-69, June.
- Kiran Sharma & Shreyansh Shah & Anindya S. Chakrabarti & Anirban Chakraborti, 2016. "Sectoral co-movements in the Indian stock market: A mesoscopic network analysis," Papers 1607.05514, arXiv.org.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," ESTUDIOS GERENCIALES, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI, November.
- B. Goswami & G. Ambika & N. Marwan & J. Kurths, 2011. "On interrelations of recurrences and connectivity trends between stock indices," Papers 1103.5189, arXiv.org.
- Xu, Mengjia & Shang, Pengjian & Lin, Aijing, 2017. "Multiscale recurrence quantification analysis of order recurrence plots," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 469(C), pages 381-389.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:584-596 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sergii Piskun & Oleksandr Piskun & Dmitry Chabanenko, 2011. "RQA Application for the Monitoring of Financial and Commodity markets state," Papers 1112.0297, arXiv.org.
- Marisa Faggini, 2011. "Chaotic Time Series Analysis in Economics: Balance and Perspectives," Working papers 25, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Goswami, B. & Ambika, G. & Marwan, N. & Kurths, J., 2012. "On interrelations of recurrences and connectivity trends between stock indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(18), pages 4364-4376.
- Vinodh Madhavan, 2014. "Investigating the nature of nonlinearity in Indian Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 395-415, March.
- Sandoval, Leonidas Junior, 2013. "To lag or not to lag? How to compare indices of stock markets that operate at different times," Insper Working Papers wpe_319, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
More about this item
KeywordsRecurrence plot; Recurrence quantification analysis; Nonlinear dynamics; International stock markets;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cma:wpaper:1006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lima). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmutlpt.html .