Pandering to Persuade
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005. "Log-concave probability and its applications," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, August.
- Jordi Blanes I Vidal & Marc Möller, 2007. "When Should Leaders Share Information with Their Subordinates?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 251-283, June.
- Heidhues, Paul & Lagerlof, Johan, 2003. "Hiding information in electoral competition," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 48-74, January.
- Kovác, Eugen & Mylovanov, Tymofiy, 2009. "Stochastic mechanisms in settings without monetary transfers: The regular case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(4), pages 1373-1395, July.
- Marco Ottaviani & Peter Norman Sørensen, 2006. "Reputational cheap talk," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 155-175, March.
- Adam Brandenburger & Ben Polak, 1996. "When Managers Cover Their Posteriors: Making the Decisions the Market Wants to See," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(3), pages 523-541, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gangopadhyay, Partha, 2014. "Dynamics of mergers, bifurcation and chaos: A new framework," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 403(C), pages 293-307.
- Florian Hoffmann & Roman Inderst & Marco Ottaviani, 2013. "Hypertargeting, Limited Attention, and Privacy: Implications for Marketing and Campaigning," Working Papers 479, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Li, Zhuozheng & Rantakari, Heikki & Yang, Huanxing, 2016. "Competitive cheap talk," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 65-89.
- Franck Bien & Thomas Lanzi, 2017. "Contracting for information: on the effects of the principal's outside option," Working Papers hal-01491912, HAL.
- Chiba, Saori & Leong, Kaiwen, 2015. "An example of conflicts of interest as pandering disincentives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 20-23.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:149:y:2018:i:c:p:294-314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raphael Boleslavsky & Christopher Cotton, 2018.
"Limited capacity in project selection: competition through evidence production,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 65(2), pages 385-421, March.
- Raphael Boleslavsky & Christopher Cotton, 2015. "Limited Capacity in Project Selection: Competition Through Evidence Production," Working Papers 1343, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hafalir, Isa & Miralles, Antonio, 2015.
"Welfare-maximizing assignment of agents to hierarchical positions,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 253-270.
- Isa Hafalir & Antonio Miralles, "undated". "Welfare-Maximizing Assignment of Agents to Hierarchical Positions," GSIA Working Papers 2015-E6, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Schmidbauer, Eric, 2017. "Multi-period competitive cheap talk with highly biased experts," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 240-254.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:176:y:2018:i:c:p:255-292 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wonsuk Chung & Rick Harbaugh, 2012. "Biased Recommendations," Working Papers 2012-02, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Faravelli, Marco & Man, Priscilla & Walsh, Randall, 2015.
"Mandate and paternalism: A theory of large elections,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 1-23.
- Marco Faravelli & Priscilla Man & Randall Walsh, 2012. "Mandate and Paternalism: A Theory of Large Elections," Discussion Papers Series 474, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Yeon‐Koo Che & Jinwoo Kim & Konrad Mierendorff, 2013.
"Generalized Reduced‐Form Auctions: A Network‐Flow Approach,"
Econometric Society, vol. 81(6), pages 2487-2520, November.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Jinwoo Kim & Konrad Mierendorff, 2011. "Generalized reduced-form auctions: a network-flow approach," ECON - Working Papers 031, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Mar 2013.
- Archishman Chakraborty & Rick Harbaugh, 2014. "Persuasive Puffery," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 382-400, May.
- Shapiro, Jesse M., 2016.
"Special interests and the media: Theory and an application to climate change,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 91-108.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2014. "Special Interests and the Media: Theory and an Application to Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 19807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Justine S. Hastings & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2013.
"Financial Literacy, Financial Education, and Economic Outcomes,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 347-373, May.
- Justine S. Hastings & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2012. "Financial Literacy, Financial Education and Economic Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 18412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rantakari, Heikki, 2014. "A simple model of project selection with strategic communication and uncertain motives," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 14-42.
- Kim, Jin Yeub & Kwon, Heung Jin, 2014. "The strategy of manipulating joint decision-making," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 127-130.
- Eric Schmidbauer, 2016. "Multi-period competitive cheap talk with very biased experts," Working Papers 2016-04, University of Central Florida, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levrem:661465000000000197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine). General contact details of provider: http://www.dklevine.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.