Optimal Pricing of Public Lotteries and Comparison of Competing Mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chen Ling & David Scrogin, 2014. "Optimal pricing of public lotteries and comparison of competing mechanisms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(26), pages 3211-3223, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shogren, Jason F. & Margolis, Michael & Koo, Cannon & List, John A., 2001. "A random nth-price auction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 409-421, December.
- Buschena, David E. & Anderson, Terry L. & Leonard, Jerry L., 2001. "Valuing Non-Marketed Goods: The Case of Elk Permit Lotteries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 33-43, January.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "On Limiting the Domain of Inequality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 263-277, October.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1986. "Fairness and the Assumptions of Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 285-300, October.
- Lucas W. Davis & Lutz Kilian, 2011.
"The Allocative Cost of Price Ceilings in the U.S. Residential Market for Natural Gas,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(2), pages 212-241.
- Lucas W. Davis & Lutz Kilian, 2008. "The Allocative Cost of Price Ceilings in the U.S. Residential Market for Natural Gas," NBER Working Papers 14030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 2012.
"Regulated Prices, Rent Seeking, and Consumer Surplus,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(1), pages 160-186.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 2012. "Regulated Prices, Rent-Seeking, and Consumer Surplus," Economics Papers 2012-W03, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Evans, Mary F. & Vossler, Christian A. & Flores, Nicholas E., 2009. "Hybrid allocation mechanisms for publicly provided goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 311-325, February.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Erzo F. P. Luttmer, 2003. "The Misallocation of Housing Under Rent Control," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1027-1046, September.
- Mumy, Gene E & Hanke, Steve H, 1975. "Public Investment Criteria for Underpriced Public Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 712-720, September.
- Taylor, Grant A. & Tsui, Kevin K. K. & Zhu, Lijing, 2003. "Lottery or waiting-line auction?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1313-1334, May.
- Condorelli, Daniele, 2012. "What money canʼt buy: Efficient mechanism design with costly signals," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 613-624.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Anthony J. Pellechio, 1978. "The Two-Part Tariff and Voluntary Market Participation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 571-587.
- Winston Koh & Zhenlin Yang & Lijing Zhu, 2006. "Lottery Rather than Waiting-line Auction," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(2), pages 289-310, October.
- Scrogin, David, 2005. "Lottery-rationed public access under alternative tariff arrangements: changes in quality, quantity, and expected utility," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 189-211, July.
More about this item
Keywordslotteries; price control; surplus;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfl:wpaper:2012-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.