Optimal Pricing of Public Lotteries and Comparison of Competing Mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chen Ling & David Scrogin, 2014. "Optimal pricing of public lotteries and comparison of competing mechanisms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(26), pages 3211-3223, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shogren, Jason F. & Margolis, Michael & Koo, Cannon & List, John A., 2001. "A random nth-price auction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 409-421, December.
- Buschena, David E. & Anderson, Terry L. & Leonard, Jerry L., 2001. "Valuing Non-Marketed Goods: The Case of Elk Permit Lotteries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 33-43, January.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "On Limiting the Domain of Inequality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 263-277, October.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1986. "Fairness and the Assumptions of Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 285-300, October.
- Lucas W. Davis & Lutz Kilian, 2011.
"The Allocative Cost of Price Ceilings in the U.S. Residential Market for Natural Gas,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(2), pages 212-241.
- Lucas W. Davis & Lutz Kilian, 2008. "The Allocative Cost of Price Ceilings in the U.S. Residential Market for Natural Gas," NBER Working Papers 14030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 2012.
"Regulated Prices, Rent Seeking, and Consumer Surplus,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(1), pages 160-186.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 2012. "Regulated Prices, Rent-Seeking, and Consumer Surplus," Economics Papers 2012-W03, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Evans, Mary F. & Vossler, Christian A. & Flores, Nicholas E., 2009. "Hybrid allocation mechanisms for publicly provided goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 311-325, February.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Erzo F. P. Luttmer, 2003. "The Misallocation of Housing Under Rent Control," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1027-1046, September.
- Mumy, Gene E & Hanke, Steve H, 1975. "Public Investment Criteria for Underpriced Public Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 712-720, September.
- Taylor, Grant A. & Tsui, Kevin K. K. & Zhu, Lijing, 2003. "Lottery or waiting-line auction?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1313-1334, May.
- Condorelli, Daniele, 2012. "What money canʼt buy: Efficient mechanism design with costly signals," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 613-624.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Anthony J. Pellechio, 1978. "The Two-Part Tariff and Voluntary Market Participation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 571-587.
- Winston Koh & Zhenlin Yang & Lijing Zhu, 2006. "Lottery Rather than Waiting-line Auction," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(2), pages 289-310, October.
- Scrogin, David, 2005. "Lottery-rationed public access under alternative tariff arrangements: changes in quality, quantity, and expected utility," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 189-211, July.
More about this item
Keywordslotteries; price control; surplus;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfl:wpaper:2012-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucfus.html .