Labor Quality Growth in Germany
Extending the common baseline model in various dimensions does not fundamentally change the low contribution of labor quality to productivity growth in Germany. Labor quality growth is low owing to a small increase in the share of workers with higher education, a negative contribution from a higher share of females and declines in relative returns. The contribution of actual labor market experience is lower than suggested by an age proxy.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Kohn, Karsten, 2006.
"Skill Wage Premia, Employment, and Cohort Effects: Are Workers in Germany All of the Same Type?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2185, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Kohn, Karsten, 2006. "Skill wage premia, employment, and cohort effects: are workers in Germany all of the same type?," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-44, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Robert Orlowski & Regina T. Riphahn, 2009.
"The East German Wage Structure after Transition,"
073, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Robert Orlowski & Regina T. Riphahn, 2008. "The East German Wage Structure after Transition," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 148, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Robert Orlowski & Regina T. Riphahn, 2008. "The East German Wage Structure after Transition," CESifo Working Paper Series 2511, CESifo Group Munich.
- Orlowski, Robert & Riphahn, Regina T., 2008. "The East German Wage Structure after Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 3861, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schwerdt, Guido & Turunen, Jarkko, 2006.
"Growth in euro area labour quality,"
Working Paper Series
0575, European Central Bank.
- Jorgenson, Dale W., 2005. "Accounting for Growth in the Information Age," Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 743-815 Elsevier.
- David Card & Richard B. Freeman, 2004.
"What Have Two Decades of British Economic Reform Delivered?,"
in: Seeking a Premier Economy: The Economic Effects of British Economic Reforms, 1980-2000, pages 9-62
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Richard B. Freeman, 2002. "What Have Two Decades of British Economic Reform Delivered?," NBER Working Papers 8801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifowps:_77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.