Wage Compensations Due to Risk Aversion andSkewness Affection – German Evidence
As a new approach we study individual wage compensations due to income risksmeasured by the variance and skewness of the wage distributions in different occupational groups. Using German administrative panel data and estimating a fixed effects model we confirm the expected positive effect of the variance and the negative effect ofthe skewness on individual wages.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstr. 5, 81679 München|
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Berkhout & Joop Hartog & Dinand Webbink, 2010. "Compensation for Earnings Risk under Worker Heterogeneity," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 762-790, January.
- Berkhout, Peter & Hartog, Joop & Webbink, Dinand, 2006. "Compensation for Earnings Risk under Worker Heterogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 2074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luis Diaz-Serrano & Joop Hartog & Helena Skyt Nielsen, 2008. "Compensating Wage Differentials for Schooling Risk in Denmark," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(4), pages 711-731, December.
- Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Hartog, Joop & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2003. "Compensating Wage Differentials for Schooling Risk in Denmark," IZA Discussion Papers 963, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Diaz-Serrano, L. & Hartog, J. & Skyt Nielsen, H., 2003. "Compensating Wage Differentials for Schooling Risk in Denmark," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1271003, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Bernd Gorzig & Martin Gornig & Ramona Voshage & Axel Werwatz, 2010. "Eastern Germany on the brink of closing the productivity gap? Firm level evidence from manufacturing," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 499-511.
- René Fahr & Uwe Sunde, 2009. "Did the Hartz Reforms Speed-Up the Matching Process? A Macro-Evaluation Using Empirical Matching Functions," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10, pages 284-316, 08.
- Fahr, René & Sunde, Uwe, 2009. "Did the Hartz Reforms Speed-Up the Matching Process? A Macro-Evaluation Using Empirical Matching Functions," Munich Reprints in Economics 20482, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Triebs, T.P. & Kumbhakar, S.C., 2013. "Productivity with general indices of management and technical change," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 18-22.
- Thomas Triebs & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Productivity with General Indices ofManagement and Technical Change," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 144, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jianakoplos, Nancy Ammon & Bernasek, Alexandra, 1998. "Are Women More Risk Averse?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(4), pages 620-630, October.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:43:i:2:p:125-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joop Hartog & Erik Plug & Luis Diaz Serrano & Jose Vieira, 2003. "Risk compensation in wages – a replication," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 639-647, July.
- Allan G. King, 1974. "Occupational Choice, Risk Aversion, and Wealth," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 27(4), pages 586-596, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifowps:_145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.