Nighttime Lights as a Proxy for Human Development at the Local Level
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam Storeygard, 2016.
"Farther on down the Road: Transport Costs, Trade and Urban Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 83(3), pages 1263-1295.
- Storeygard, Adam, 2013. "Farther on down the road : transport costs, trade and urban growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6444, The World Bank.
- Adam Storeygard, 2014. "Farther on Down the Road: Transport Costs, Trade and Urban Growth in sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0781, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Martin Brown & Benjamin Guin & Karolin Kirschenmann, 2016. "Microfinance Banks and Financial Inclusion," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 20(3), pages 907-946.
- Deon Filmer & Kinnon Scott, 2012. "Assessing Asset Indices," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(1), pages 359-392, February.
- De Luca, Giacomo & Hodler, Roland & Raschky, Paul A. & Valsecchi, Michele, 2018.
"Ethnic favoritism: An axiom of politics?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 115-129.
- Giacomo De Luca & Roland Hodler & Paul A. Raschky & Michele Valsecchi, 2015. "Ethnic Favoritism: An Axiom of Politics?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5209, CESifo Group Munich.
- De Luca, Giacomo & Hodler, Roland & Raschky, Paul A. & Valsecchi, Michele, 2016. "Ethnic Favoritism: An Axiom of Politics?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11351, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- World Bank, 2016. "World Development Indicators 2016," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 23969, September.
- Dave Donaldson & Adam Storeygard, 2016. "The View from Above: Applications of Satellite Data in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 171-198, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Elias Papaioannou, 2017.
"Spatial Patterns of Development: A Meso Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
24088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2017. "Spatial Patterns of Development: A Meso Approach," Working Papers 4, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2018. "Spatial Patterns of Development: A Meso Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 12574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cuong Nguyen & Ilan Noy, 2018. "Measuring the Impact of Insurance on Urban Recovery with Light: The 2010-2011 New Zealand Earthquakes," CESifo Working Paper Series 7031, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nguyen, Cuong & Noy, Ilan, 2018. "Measuring the impact of insurance on urban recovery with light: The 2011 New Zealand earthquake," Working Paper Series 6955, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
Keywordsnighttime lights; local development; Africa;
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2017-11-12 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2017-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BIG-2017-11-12 (Big Data)
- NEP-DEV-2017-11-12 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2017-11-12 (Education)
- NEP-GEO-2017-11-12 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2017-11-12 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_6555. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.