Existence of Adaptively Stable Sunspot Equilibria Near an Indeterminate Steady State
We examine the nonlinear model Xt = Et F(xt+1) . Markov SSEs exist near an indeterminate steady state, X = F(X), provided F´(X)> 1. We show that there exist Markov SSEs that are E-stable, and therefore locally stable under adaptive learning, if F´(X)
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George W. Evans & Seppo Honkapohja & Ramon Marimon, 2001.
"Stable Sunspot Equilibria in a Cash-in-Advance Economy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
611, CESifo Group Munich.
- Evans George W & Honkapohja Seppo M.S. & Marimon Ramon, 2007. "Stable Sunspot Equilibria in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-38, January.
- George W. Evans & Seppo Honkapohja & Ramon Marimon, 2002. "Stable Sunspot Equilibira in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2001-5, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 15 Nov 2005.
- George W. Evans & Seppo Honkapohja & Ramon Marimon, 2003. "Stable Sunspot Equilibria in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," Working Papers 14, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- George W. Evans & Seppo Honkapohja & Ramon Marimon, 2004. "Stable sunspot equilibria in a cash-in-advance economy," Economics Working Papers 844, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2005.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1999. "Indeterminacy and sunspots in macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 387-448 Elsevier.
- Chiappori, P.A. & Geoffard, P.Y. & Guesnerie, R., 1990.
"Sunspot Fluctuations around a Steady State: The Case of Multidimensional One-Step forward Looking Economic Models,"
DELTA Working Papers
90-02, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves & Guesnerie, Roger, 1992. "Sunspot Fluctuations around a Steady State: The Case of Multidimensional, One-Step Forward Looking Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1097-126, September.
- Kaushik Mitra & Seppo Honkapohja, 2004.
"Are Non-Fundamental Equilibria Learnable in Models of Monetary Policy?,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
04/13, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Jul 2004.
- Honkapohja, Seppo & Mitra, Kaushik, 2004. "Are non-fundamental equilibria learnable in models of monetary policy?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1743-1770, November.
- Seppo Honkapohja & Kaushik Mitra, . "Are Non-Fundamental Equilibria Learnable in Models of Monetary Policy?," Discussion Papers 01/05, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Honkapohja, S. & Mitra, K., 2001. "Are Non-Fundamental Equilibria Learnable in Models of Monetary Policy?," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 501, Department of Economics.
- Honkapohja, Seppo & Mitra, Kaushik, 2001. "Are Non-Fundamental Equilibria Learnable in Models of Monetary Policy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2846, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Howitt, P. & Mcfee, R.P., 1990.
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9005, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- G. Desgranges & G. Negroni, 2001.
"Expectations Coordination on a Sunspot Equilibrium: an Eductive Approach,"
THEMA Working Papers
2001-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Desgranges, Gabriel & Negroni, Giorgio, 2003. "Expectations Coordination On A Sunspot Equilibrium: An Eductive Approach," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 7-41, February.
- George Evans & Seppo Honkapohja & Paul Romer, 1996.
NBER Working Papers
5659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1981. "Self-fulfilling prophecies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 380-396, December.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- Woodford, Michael, 1986.
"Learning to Believe in Sunspots,"
86-16, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Evans George W. & Honkapohja Seppo, 1994. "On the Local Stability of Sunspot Equilibria under Adaptive Learning Rules," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 142-161, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.