Sweden - from Macroeconomic Failure to Macroeconomic Success
Major economic reforms have been carried through in Sweden during the last two decades. Most of the reforms have been made in response to long-standing rather than to acute problems. There has usually been a strong perception among economists, policy makers and the general public of the problems that the reforms have sought to address. Reforms in other countries have sometimes provided inspiration. Most of the reforms were based on a broad political consensus. A heavy input from economic research has often been used as a basis for change.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edquist, Harald, 2009.
"Can Investment in Intangibles Explain the Swedish Productivity Boom in the 1990s?,"
Working Paper Series
809, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Harald Edquist, 2011. "CAN INVESTMENT IN INTANGIBLES EXPLAIN THE SWEDISH PRODUCTIVITY BOOM IN THE 1990s?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 658-682, December.
- Mårten Palme & Ingemar Svensson, 2007. "Financial Implications of Income Security Reforms in Sweden," NBER Chapters, in: Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: Fiscal Implications of Reform, pages 413-458 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anita Wölfl & Isabelle Wanner & Tomasz Koźluk & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2009. "Ten Years of Product Market Reform in OECD Countries: Insights from a Revised PMR Indicator," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 695, OECD Publishing.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Lars Calmfors & Anna Larsson, 2011.
"Pattern Bargaining and Wage Leadership in a Small Open Economy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3510, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lars Calmfors & Anna Larsson Seim, 2013. "Pattern Bargaining and Wage Leadership in a Small Open Economy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 115(1), pages 109-140, 01.
- Calmfors, Lars & Larsson, Anna, 2009. "Pattern Bargaining and Wage Leadership in a Small Open Economy," Seminar Papers 760, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.