Properties of Equilibrium Strategies in Multiple-Unit, Uniform-Price Auctions
The paper analyzes the essential properties of bidder equilibrium strategies in the multi-unit uniform-price auction. In the auction the seller offers several identical units for sale, specifies a minimum accepted bid (reservation price) and sets maximum number of bids that any bidder can submit. Under these restrictions bidders use strictly increasing strategies in a symmetric equilibrium more often, and in many cases the reservation price increases the bidder's strategy which is typical in single-unit auctions. Such an auction procedure implies a unique equilibrium strategy in some cases. Thus the number of bid restriction and reservation price present in real-life multi-unit auctions restore some properties of equilibrium strategies typical for single-unit auctions.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 882, Politickych veznu 7, 111 21 Praha 1|
Phone: (+420) 224 005 123
Fax: (+420) 224 005 333
Web page: http://www.cerge-ei.cz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Palfrey, Thomas R, 1983. "Bundling Decisions by a Multiproduct Monopolist with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 463-483, March.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard, 1999. "An example of multi-unit auctions with atypically many equilibria," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 67-69, October.
- Draaisma, Teun & Noussair, Charles, 1997. "Optimal bidding in a uniform price auction with multi-unit demand1," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 157-162, October.
- Indranil Chakraborty & Richard Engelbrecht-Wiggans, 2005. "Asymptotic prices in uniform-price multi-unit auctions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(4), pages 983-987, November.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
- Noussair, Charles, 1995. "Equilibria in a Multi-object Uniform Price Sealed Bid Auction with Multi-unit Demands," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 5(2), pages 337-351, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cer:papers:wp354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.