Properties of Equilibrium Strategies in Multiple-Unit, Uniform-Price Auctions
The paper analyzes the essential properties of bidder equilibrium strategies in the multi-unit uniform-price auction. In the auction the seller offers several identical units for sale, specifies a minimum accepted bid (reservation price) and sets maximum number of bids that any bidder can submit. Under these restrictions bidders use strictly increasing strategies in a symmetric equilibrium more often, and in many cases the reservation price increases the bidder's strategy which is typical in single-unit auctions. Such an auction procedure implies a unique equilibrium strategy in some cases. Thus the number of bid restriction and reservation price present in real-life multi-unit auctions restore some properties of equilibrium strategies typical for single-unit auctions.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 882, Politickych veznu 7, 111 21 Praha 1|
Phone: (+420) 224 005 123
Fax: (+420) 224 005 333
Web page: http://www.cerge-ei.cz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
- Palfrey, Thomas R, 1983. "Bundling Decisions by a Multiproduct Monopolist with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 463-483, March.
- Indranil Chakraborty & Richard Engelbrecht-Wiggans, 2005. "Asymptotic prices in uniform-price multi-unit auctions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(4), pages 983-987, November.
- Noussair, Charles, 1995. "Equilibria in a Multi-object Uniform Price Sealed Bid Auction with Multi-unit Demands," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 5(2), pages 337-351, March.
- Draaisma, Teun & Noussair, Charles, 1997. "Optimal bidding in a uniform price auction with multi-unit demand1," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 157-162, October.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard, 1999. "An example of multi-unit auctions with atypically many equilibria," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 67-69, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cer:papers:wp354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.