Corporate Rent-Seeking and the managerial soft-budget constraint
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Herschel I. Grossman & Minseong Kim, 2002. "Predation, Efficiency, and Inequality," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(3), pages 393-393, September.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2002. "Incremental cash flows, information sets and conflicts of interest," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 220, Universidad del CEMA.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2002. "How corporate governance and globalization can run afoul of the law and good practices in business: The Enron's disgraceful affair," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 225, Universidad del CEMA.
- Kornai, J, 1979. "Resource-Constrained versus Demand-Constrained Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 801-819, July.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2003. "THE SEMANTICS OF GOVERNANCE. (The common thread running through corporate, public, and global governance.)," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 245, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2003. "Simple and enlarged separation portfolios. On their Use when Arbitraging and Synthesizing Securities," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 233, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 1999. "The Cash Flow Model with Float: A New Approach to Deal with Valuation and Agency Problems," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 2, pages 247-279, November.
- Aaron Tornell, 1999. "Privatizing The Privatized," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1869, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Eric S. Maskin, 1999. "Recent Theoretical Work on the Soft Budget Constraint," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 421-425, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2012. "Embedding Minsky´s taxonomy of cash flows into a corporate finance framework (The microeconomic linkage between speculative and Ponzi schemes)," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 497, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2012. "Opaque governance, special purpose vehicles, and the preacher´s waiver," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 481, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2008. "A new linkage between corporate and public governance through the lens of incremental cash flows," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 374, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2005. "Public Governance. A Blueprint for Political Action and Better Government," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 297, Universidad del CEMA.
- Pedro Elosegui & Paula Español & Demian Panigo & Juan Sotes Paladino, 2006. "Methodological Alternatives for the Analysis of Financial Constraints in Argentina," BCRA Working Paper Series 200602, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsRent-Seeking; Soft-Budget Constraint; Corporate Governance; Incremental Cash Flow model; Conflicts of Interest.;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2005-02-27 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2005-02-27 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FIN-2005-02-27 (Finance)
- NEP-MIC-2005-02-27 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-POL-2005-02-27 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cem:doctra:283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemaaar.html .