Cars and the City: An Investigation of Transportation and Residential Location Choices in New York City
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Train, 1980. "A Structured Logit Model of Auto Ownership and Mode Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 357-370.
- Lothlorien Redmond & Patricia Mokhtarian, 2001.
"The positive utility of the commute: modeling ideal commute time and relative desired commute amount,"
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 179-205, May.
- Redmond, Lothlorien S. & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2001. "The Positive Utility of the Commute: Modeling Ideal Commute Time and Relative Desired Commute Amount," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4mc291p2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Patricia L. Mokhtarian & Michael N. Bagley, 2002.
"The impact of residential neighborhood type on travel behavior: A structural equations modeling approach,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2), pages 279-297.
- Bagley, Michael N & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2001. "The impact of residential neighborhood type on travel behavior: A structural equations modeling approach," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt12q634n2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Ingram, Gregory K. & Zhi Liu, 1997. "Motorization and the provision of roads in countries and cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1842, The World Bank.
- Javier Asensio, 2002. "Transport Mode Choice by Commuters to Barcelona's CBD," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(10), pages 1881-1895, September.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Pulugurta, Vamsi, 1998. "A comparison of two alternative behavioral choice mechanisms for household auto ownership decisions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Cervero, Robert & Radisch, Carolyn, 1996. "Travel choices in pedestrian versus automobile oriented neighborhoods," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 127-141, July.
- Quigley, John M., 1985. "Consumer choice of dwelling, neighborhood and public services," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-63, February.
- Onozaka, Yuko, 2002. "Evaluating Alternative Methods Of Dealing With Missing Observations - An Economic Application," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19875, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ingram, Gregory K. & Zhi Liu, 1999. "Determinants of motorization and road provision," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2042, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cao, Xinyu & Mokhtarian, Patricia & Handy, Susan, 2008. "Examining The Impacts of Residential Self-Selection on Travel Behavior: Methodologies and Empirical Findings," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt08x1k476, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Cao, Xinyu, 2008.
"Examining the impacts of residential self-selection on travel behavior: A focus on methodologies,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 204-228, March.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L & Cao, Xinyu, 2008. "Examining the impacts of residential self-selection on travel behavior: A focus on methodologies," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8bz3z5qm, University of California Transportation Center.
- Pinjari, Abdul Rawoof & Bhat, Chandra R. & Hensher, David A., 2009. "Residential self-selection effects in an activity time-use behavior model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 729-748, August.
- Xinyu (Jason) Cao, 2009. "Disentangling the influence of neighborhood type and self-selection on driving behavior: an application of sample selection model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 207-222, March.
- Cao, Xinyu (Jason) & Xu, Zhiyi & Fan, Yingling, 2010. "Exploring the connections among residential location, self-selection, and driving: Propensity score matching with multiple treatments," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 797-805, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial and Behavioral Sciences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:uctcwp:qt1br223vz. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/itucbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.