The Financing of 19th Century Internal Improvements
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||03 Feb 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (510) 642-1922
Fax: (510) 642-5018
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/iber_econ/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1987.
"The Beginning of Competitive Banking in Philadelphia, 1782–1809,"
in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 3-23
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Jacobson Schwartz, 1947. "The Beginning of Competitive Banking in Philadelphia, 1782-1809," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 417.
- John Joseph Wallis & Richard E. Sylla & John B. Legler, 1994. "The Interaction of Taxation and Regulation in Nineteenth-Century U.S. Banking," NBER Chapters, in: The Regulated Economy: A Historical Approach to Political Economy, pages 121-144 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weingast, Barry R & Shepsle, Kenneth A & Johnsen, Christopher, 1981. "The Political Economy of Benefits and Costs: A Neoclassical Approach to Distributive Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 642-64, August.
- Robert E. Gallman & John Joseph Wallis, 1992. "American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gall92-1.
- Heckelman, Jac C. & Wallis, John Joseph, 1997. "Railroads and Property Taxes," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 77-99, January.
- John Joseph Wallis, 2000. "American Government Finance in the Long Run: 1790 to 1990," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 61-82, Winter.
- Robert E. Gallman & John Joseph Wallis, 1992. "Introduction to "American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War"," NBER Chapters, in: American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War, pages 1-18 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bodenhorn,Howard, 2000.
"A History of Banking in Antebellum America,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521669993.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 2002. "State Banking in Early America: A New Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195147766.
- English, William B, 1996. "Understanding the Costs of Sovereign Default: American State Debts in the 1840's," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 259-75, March.
- Inman, Robert P & Fitts, Michael A, 1990. "Political Institutions and Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the U.S. Historical Record," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 79-132.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:econwp:qt7nh1c6df. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.