The Financing of 19th Century Internal Improvements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Joseph Wallis, 2000. "American Government Finance in the Long Run: 1790 to 1990," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 61-82, Winter.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1987.
"The Beginning of Competitive Banking in Philadelphia, 1782–1809,"
NBER Chapters,in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 3-23
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Jacobson Schwartz, 1947. "The Beginning of Competitive Banking in Philadelphia, 1782-1809," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 417-417.
- Bodenhorn,Howard, 2000. "A History of Banking in Antebellum America," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521669993.
- English, William B, 1996. "Understanding the Costs of Sovereign Default: American State Debts in the 1840's," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 259-275, March.
- John Joseph Wallis & Richard E. Sylla & John B. Legler, 1994. "The Interaction of Taxation and Regulation in Nineteenth-Century U.S. Banking," NBER Chapters,in: The Regulated Economy: A Historical Approach to Political Economy, pages 121-144 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:78:y:1984:i:02:p:417-434_25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Gallman & John Joseph Wallis, 1992. "American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gall92-1.
- Heckelman, Jac C. & Wallis, John Joseph, 1997. "Railroads and Property Taxes," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 77-99, January.
- Inman, Robert P & Fitts, Michael A, 1990. "Political Institutions and Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the U.S. Historical Record," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 79-132.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 2002. "State Banking in Early America: A New Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195147766.
- Robert E. Gallman & John Joseph Wallis, 1992. "Introduction to "American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War"," NBER Chapters,in: American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War, pages 1-18 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weingast, Barry R & Shepsle, Kenneth A & Johnsen, Christopher, 1981. "The Political Economy of Benefits and Costs: A Neoclassical Approach to Distributive Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 642-664, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:econwp:qt7nh1c6df. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibbrkus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.