The Interaction of Taxation and Regulation in Nineteenth-Century U.S. Banking
In: The Regulated Economy: A Historical Approach to Political Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas J. Weiss, 1992. "U. S. Labor Force Estimates and Economic Growth, 1800-1860," NBER Chapters,in: American Economic Growth and Standards of Living before the Civil War, pages 19-78 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sylla, Richard & Legler, John B. & Wallis, John J., 1987. "Banks and State Public Finance in the New Republic: The United States, 1790–1860," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(02), pages 391-403, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattsø, Jørn, 2008.
"Property taxation as incentive for cost control: Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1035-1054, August.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jørn Rattsø, 2003. "Property taxation as incentive for cost control: Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway," ERSA conference papers ersa03p219, European Regional Science Association.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jørn Rattsø, 2006. "Property taxation as incentive for cost control:Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway," Working Paper Series 7606, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Weingast, Barry R., 2009. "Second generation fiscal federalism: The implications of fiscal incentives," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 279-293, May.
- Wallis, John & Weingast, Barry, 2005. "The Financing of 19th Century Internal Improvements," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7nh1c6df, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:6574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .