The Impact of Informal Caregiving Intensity on Women's Retirement in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laura Crespo & Pedro Mira, 2010. "Caregiving to Elderly Parents and Employment Status of European Mature Women," Working Papers wp2010_1007, CEMFI.
- Blau, David M. & Riphahn, Regina T., 1999.
"Labor force transitions of older married couples in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 229-252, June.
- Blau, David M. & Riphahn, Regina T., 1998. "Labor Force Transitions of Older Married Couples in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 5, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blau, David & Riphahn, Regina, 1998. "Labour Force transitions of Older Married Couples in Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 1911, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William G. Gale, 1998. "The Effects of Pensions on Household Wealth: A Reevaluation of Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 706-723, August.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:6:y:2015:i:c:p:89-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Y. An & Bent Jesper Christensen & Nabanita Datta Gupta, 2004. "Multivariate mixed proportional hazard modelling of the joint retirement of married couples," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(6), pages 687-704.
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2007.
"The chicken or the egg?: Endogeneity in labour market participation of informal carers in England,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 536-559, May.
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2004. "The Chicken or the Egg? Endogeneity in Labour Market Participation of Informal Carers in England," IZA Discussion Papers 1366, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alvarez-Cuadrado, Francisco & Van Long, Ngo, 2011. "The relative income hypothesis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1489-1501, September.
- Pozzebon, Silvana & Mitchell, Olivia S, 1989. "Married Women's Retirement Behavior," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 39-53.
- David C. Grabowski & Edward C. Norton & Courtney H. Van Houtven, 2012. "Informal Care," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 30 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jacobs, Josephine C. & Laporte, Audrey & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Coyte, Peter C., 2014. "Caregiving intensity and retirement status in Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 74-82.
- Fiona Carmichael & Susan Charles, 2003. "Benefit payments, informal care and female labour supply," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 411-415.
- Annika Meng, 2012. "Informal Caregiving and the Retirement Decision," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(3), pages 307-330, August.
- Susan Ettner, 1995. "The impact of “parent care” on female labor supply decisions," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(1), pages 63-80, February.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lilly, Meredith B. & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2010. "Do they care too much to work? The influence of caregiving intensity on the labour force participation of unpaid caregivers in Canada," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 895-903, December.
- Thierry Debrand & Nicolas Sirven, 2009. "What are the Motivations of Pathways to Retirement in Europe: Individual, Familial, Professional Situation or Social Protection Systems?," Working Papers DT28, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Oct 2009.
- Laura Crespo, 2006. "Caring For Parents And Employment Status Of European Mid-Life Women," Working Papers wp2006_0615, CEMFI.
- Jacobs, Josephine C. & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2015.
"Baby Boomer caregivers in the workforce: Do they fare better or worse than their predecessors?,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing,
Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 89-101.
- Josephine Jacobs & Courtney Van Houtven & Audrey Laporte & Peter Coyte, 2014. "Baby Boomer caregivers in the workforce: Do they fare better or worse than their predecessors?," Working Papers 140001, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Bolin, K. & Lindgren, B. & Lundborg, P., 2008.
"Your next of kin or your own career?: Caring and working among the 50+ of Europe,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 718-738, May.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2007. "Your Next of Kin or your Own Career? Caring and Working among the 50+ of Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-032/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Coe, Norma B. & Skira, Meghan M., 2013. "The effect of informal care on work and wages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 240-252.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Susan, 2003. "The opportunity costs of informal care: does gender matter?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 781-803, September.
- V. Spike Peterson, 2013. "Informal work," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Gender and Economic Life, chapter 11, pages 169-182 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsInformal caregiving; unpaid care; retirement; United States;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2014-07-21 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2014-07-21 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2014-07-21 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2014-07-21 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cch:wpaper:140008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Rohit Dass). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cchetca.html .