China’s Energy Situation and Its Implications in the New Millennium
Many are interested in China’s energy situation, however, numerous energy related issues in China still remain unanswered, for example, what are the potential forces driving energy demand and supply? Previous reviews focused only on fossil fuel based energy and ignored other important elements including renewable and ‘clean’ energy sources. The work presented here is intended to fill this gap by bringing the research on fossil-based and renewable energy economic studies together and identifying the potential drivers behind both energy demand and supply to provide a complete picture of China’s energy situation in the new millennium. This will be of interest to anyone concerned with the development of China’s economy in general and the energy economy, in particular.
|Date of creation:||15 Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 64 3 369 3123 (Administrator)
Fax: 64 3 364 2635
Web page: http://www.econ.canterbury.ac.nz
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xu, Shaofeng & Chen, Wenying, 2006. "The reform of electricity power sector in the PR of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(16), pages 2455-2465, November.
- Crompton, Paul & Wu, Yanrui, 2005.
"Energy consumption in China: past trends and future directions,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 195-208, January.
- Paul Crompton & Yanrui Wu, 2004. "Energy Consumption in China: Past Trends and Future Directions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Fan, Ying & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Can market oriented economic reforms contribute to energy efficiency improvement? Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2287-2295, April.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2009.
"China’s Energy Economy: A Survey of the Literature,"
Working Papers in Economics
09/02, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2010. "China's energy economy: A survey of the literature," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 105-132, June.
- Wu, Yanrui, 2003. "Deregulation and growth in China's energy sector: a review of recent development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 1417-1425, October.
- Wang, Haijiang, 1995. "China's oil policy and its impact," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 627-635, July.
- Blackman, Allen & Wu, Xun, 1999.
"Foreign direct investment in china's power sector: trends, benefits and barriers,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 695-711, November.
- Blackman, Allen & Wu, Xun, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment in China's Power Sector: Trends, Benefits and Barriers," Discussion Papers dp-98-50, Resources For the Future.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson & Bongguen Kim, 2009.
"China's Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution,"
09_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun, 2008. "China's energy economy: Technical change, factor demand and interfactor/interfuel substitution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2167-2183, September.
- John Gibson & Bongguen Kim & Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2008. "China’s Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers in Economics 08/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Wu, Kang & Li, Binsheng, 1995. "Energy development in China : National policies and regional strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 167-178, February.
- Xu, Yi-chong, 2008. "Nuclear energy in China: Contested regimes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1197-1205.
- Ma, Chunbo & He, Lining, 2008. "From state monopoly to renewable portfolio: Restructuring China's electric utility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1697-1711, May.
- Zhao, Xingjun & Wu, Yanrui, 2007.
"Determinants of China's energy imports: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4235-4246, August.
- Xingjun Zhao & Yanrui Wu, 2007. "Determinants of China’s Energy Imports: An Empirical Analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 07-03, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Li, You & Hewitt, C.N., 2008. "The effect of trade between China and the UK on national and global carbon dioxide emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1907-1914, June.
- Wang, GuoHong & Wang, YunXia & Zhao, Tao, 2008. "Analysis of interactions among the barriers to energy saving in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1879-1889, June.
- Kahrl, Fredrich & Roland-Holst, David, 2008. "Energy and exports in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 649-658, December.
- Dean, Genevieve C., 1974. "Energy in the People's Republic of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 33-54, March.
- Andrews-Speed, Philip & Dow, Stephen, 2000. "Reform of China's electric power industry Challenges facing the government," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 335-347, May.
- Liang, Qiao-Mei & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Carbon taxation policy in China: How to protect energy- and trade-intensive sectors?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 311-333.
- Dorian, James P. & Clark, Allen L., 1987. "China's energy resources : Potential supply, problems, and implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Haider A Khan, 2005. "China's Energy Dilemma," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-385, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Weber, Christopher L. & Peters, Glen P. & Guan, Dabo & Hubacek, Klaus, 2008. "The contribution of Chinese exports to climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3572-3577, September.
- Li, Binsheng & Dorian, James P, 1995. "Change in China's power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 619-626, July.
- Wang, Bing, 2007. "An imbalanced development of coal and electricity industries in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4959-4968, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbt:econwp:09/01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Albert Yee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.