China’s Energy Situation and Its Implications in the New Millennium
Many are interested in China’s energy situation, however, numerous energy related issues in China still remain unanswered, for example, what are the potential forces driving energy demand and supply? Previous reviews focused only on fossil fuel based energy and ignored other important elements including renewable and ‘clean’ energy sources. The work presented here is intended to fill this gap by bringing the research on fossil-based and renewable energy economic studies together and identifying the potential drivers behind both energy demand and supply to provide a complete picture of China’s energy situation in the new millennium. This will be of interest to anyone concerned with the development of China’s economy in general and the energy economy, in particular.
|Date of creation:||15 Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand|
Phone: 64 3 369 3123 (Administrator)
Fax: 64 3 364 2635
Web page: http://www.econ.canterbury.ac.nz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dean, Genevieve C., 1974. "Energy in the People's Republic of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 33-54, March.
- Blackman, Allen & Wu, Xun, 1999.
"Foreign direct investment in china's power sector: trends, benefits and barriers,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 695-711, November.
- Blackman, Allen & Wu, Xun, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment in China's Power Sector: Trends, Benefits and Barriers," Discussion Papers dp-98-50, Resources For the Future.
- Dorian, James P. & Clark, Allen L., 1987. "China's energy resources : Potential supply, problems, and implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Wang, Haijiang, 1995. "China's oil policy and its impact," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 627-635, July.
- Wu, Yanrui, 2003. "Deregulation and growth in China's energy sector: a review of recent development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 1417-1425, October.
- Xingjun Zhao & Yanrui Wu, 2007.
"Determinants of China’s Energy Imports: An Empirical Analysis,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
07-03, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Zhao, Xingjun & Wu, Yanrui, 2007. "Determinants of China's energy imports: An empirical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4235-4246, August.
- Wu, Kang & Li, Binsheng, 1995. "Energy development in China : National policies and regional strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 167-178, February.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun, 2008.
"China's energy economy: Technical change, factor demand and interfactor/interfuel substitution,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2167-2183, September.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson & Bongguen Kim, 2009. "China's Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers 09_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- John Gibson & Bongguen Kim & Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2008. "China’s Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers in Economics 08/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Li, Binsheng & Dorian, James P, 1995. "Change in China's power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 619-626, July.
- Kahrl, Fredrich & Roland-Holst, David, 2008. "Energy and exports in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 649-658, December.
- Xu, Shaofeng & Chen, Wenying, 2006. "The reform of electricity power sector in the PR of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(16), pages 2455-2465, November.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2010.
"China's energy economy: A survey of the literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 105-132, June.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2009. "China’s Energy Economy: A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers in Economics 09/02, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Crompton, Paul & Wu, Yanrui, 2005.
"Energy consumption in China: past trends and future directions,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 195-208, January.
- Paul Crompton & Yanrui Wu, 2004. "Energy Consumption in China: Past Trends and Future Directions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Weber, Christopher L. & Peters, Glen P. & Guan, Dabo & Hubacek, Klaus, 2008. "The contribution of Chinese exports to climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3572-3577, September.
- Liang, Qiao-Mei & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Carbon taxation policy in China: How to protect energy- and trade-intensive sectors?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 311-333.
- Fan, Ying & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Can market oriented economic reforms contribute to energy efficiency improvement? Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2287-2295, April.
- Ma, Chunbo & He, Lining, 2008. "From state monopoly to renewable portfolio: Restructuring China's electric utility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1697-1711, May.
- Wang, Bing, 2007. "An imbalanced development of coal and electricity industries in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4959-4968, October.
- Haider A Khan, 2005. "China's Energy Dilemma," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-385, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Andrews-Speed, Philip & Dow, Stephen, 2000. "Reform of China's electric power industry Challenges facing the government," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 335-347, May.
- Li, You & Hewitt, C.N., 2008. "The effect of trade between China and the UK on national and global carbon dioxide emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1907-1914, June.
- Wang, GuoHong & Wang, YunXia & Zhao, Tao, 2008. "Analysis of interactions among the barriers to energy saving in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1879-1889, June.
- Xu, Yi-chong, 2008. "Nuclear energy in China: Contested regimes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1197-1205.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbt:econwp:09/01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Albert Yee)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.