Student Performance in Mathematics using PISA-2009 data for Portugal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2005.
"Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation for conditional quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 137-164, September.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2002. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Conditional Quantiles," Working Papers 1139, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Link, Susanne & Woessmann, Ludger, 2013.
"Does school autonomy make sense everywhere? Panel estimates from PISA,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 212-232.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Link, Susanne & Woessmann, Ludger, 2011. "Does School Autonomy Make Sense Everywhere? Panel Estimates from PISA," IZA Discussion Papers 6185, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Link, Susanne & Woessmann, Ludger, 2012. "Does School Autonomy Make Sense Everywhere? Panel Estimates from PISA," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 296, Asian Development Bank.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Link, Susanne & Wößmann, Ludger, 2013. "Does school autonomy make sense everywhere? Panel estimates from PISA," Munich Reprints in Economics 20465, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Susanne Link & Ludger Woessmann, 2011. "Does School Autonomy Make Sense Everywhere? Panel Estimates from PISA," NBER Working Papers 17591, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Martins, Lurdes & Veiga, Paula, 2010. "Do inequalities in parents' education play an important role in PISA students' mathematics achievement test score disparities?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1016-1033, December.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Lori L. Taylor, 1990. "Alternative Assessments of the Performance of Schools: Measurement of State Variations in Achievement," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(2), pages 179-201.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Cordero-Ferrera, Jose M., 2013. "Educational disparities across regions: A multilevel analysis for Italy and Spain," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1079-1102.
- M-J Mancebón & J Calero & Á Choi & D P Ximénez-de-Embún, 2012.
"The efficiency of public and publicly subsidized high schools in Spain: Evidence from PISA-2006,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 63(11), pages 1516-1533, November.
- Mancebón-Torrubia, María-Jesús & Calero, Jorge & Choi, Álvaro & Ximénez-de-Embún, Domingo P., 2010. "Efficiency of public and publicly-subsidised high schools in Spain. Evidence from PISA 2006," MPRA Paper 21165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Sergio Perelman & Daniel Santin, 2011.
"Measuring educational efficiency at student level with parametric stochastic distance functions: an application to Spanish PISA results,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 29-49.
- Sergio Perelman & Daniel Santin, 2005. "Measuring educational efficiency at student level with parametric stochastic distance functions: An application to Spanish PISA results," CREPP Working Papers 0504, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Saïd Hanchane & Tarek Mostafa, 2012. "Solving endogeneity problems in multilevel estimation: an example using education production functions," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 1101-1114, November.
- Ludger Woesmann, 2003.
"Schooling Resources, Educational Institutions and Student Performance: the International Evidence,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(2), pages 117-170, May.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2000. "Schooling Resources, Educational Institutions, and Student Performance: The International Evidence," Kiel Working Papers 983, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2003. "Schooling resources, educational institutions and student performance: The international evidence," Munich Reprints in Economics 19661, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander & Obadić, Alka, 2014. "Measuring relative efficiency of secondary education in selected EU and OECD countries: the case of Slovenia and Croatia," MPRA Paper 63936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro Carneiro, 2008. "Equality of opportunity and educational achievement in Portugal," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 7(1), pages 17-41, April.
- Ladd, Helen F. & Walsh, Randall P., 2002. "Implementing value-added measures of school effectiveness: getting the incentives right," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Maria Ferrão & Harvey Goldstein, 2009. "Adjusting for measurement error in the value added model: evidence from Portugal," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 43(6), pages 951-963, November.
- Giambona, Francesca & Porcu, Mariano, 2015. "Student background determinants of reading achievement in Italy. A quantile regression analysis," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 95-107.
More about this item
KeywordsMultilevel quantile regression models; Mathematics achievements; PISA-2009;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2016-10-09 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cap:mpaper:012016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Goncalves). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feucppt.html .