Estimating the Capital Stock
Econometric estimates of the capital stock and the depreciation rate for the Spanish economy in the period 1970-1997, are presented. The methodology is based on the estimation of the production function, yielding a window for the depreciation rate between 5.5% and 6.5%. Methods to make the depreciation rate dependent on a set of variables, and to blend prior and sample information, are discussed and implemented. The unidenti...ability of the initial capital stock is also analysed.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, A A, Jr, 1993. "Estimating Nonlinear Time-Series Models Using Simulated Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages 63-84, Suppl. De.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Nadiri, M Ishaq & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1996. "Estimation of the Depreciation Rate of Physical and R&D Capital in the U.S. Total Manufacturing Sector," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Nadiri, M.I. & Prucha, I.R., 1993. "Estimation of the Depreciation Rate of Physical and R&D Capital in the U.S. Total Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers 93-47, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1993. "Estimation of the Depreciation Rate of Physical and R&D Capital in the U.S. Total Manufacturing Sector," NBER Working Papers 4591, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greene, William H & Seaks, Terry G, 1991. "The Restricted Least Squares Estimator: A Pedagogical Note," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 563-567, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:can:series:2002-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Santana)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.