Social Position and Distributive Justice: Experimental Evidence
In a simple double-blind dictator experiment, systematically removing subjects’ levels of power and entitlement increases their choice of an income distribution generally consistent with Rawls (1971) concept of distributive justice, although choices are less unanimous and risk-averse than hypothesized
|Date of creation:||Jun 2005|
|Date of revision:||Jun 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (765) 285-5360
Fax: (765) 285-8024
Web page: http://www.bsu.edu/econ
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grzegorz Lissowski & Tadeusz Tyszka & Wlodzimierz Okrasa, 1991. "Principles of Distributive Justice," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 35(1), pages 98-119, March.
- David K Levine, 1997.
"Modeling Altruism and Spitefulness in Experiments,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2047, David K. Levine.
- Cherry, Todd L., 2001. "Mental accounting and other-regarding behavior: Evidence from the lab," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 605-615, October.
- Rena dela Cruz-DoÃ±a & Alan Martina, 2000. "Diverse Groups Agreeing on a System of Justice in Distribution: Evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, , vol. 11(1), pages 35-76, January.
- Barry Sopher & Edi Karni & Tim Salmon, 2001.
"Individual Sense of Fairness: An Experimental Study,"
Departmental Working Papers
200107, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Edi Karni & Tim Salmon & Barry Sopher, 2008. "Individual sense of fairness: an experimental study," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 174-189, June.
- Harrison, Glenn W & McCabe, Kevin A, 1996. "Expectations and Fairness in a Simple Bargaining Experiment," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 303-27.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1986. "Fairness and the Assumptions of Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S285-300, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsu:wpaper:200505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tung Liu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.