Individual sense of fairness: an experimental study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Barry Sopher & Edi Karni & Tim Salmon, 2001. "Individual Sense of Fairness: An Experimental Study," Departmental Working Papers 200107, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karni, Edi & Safra, Zvi, 2002. "Intensity of the Sense of Fairness: Measurement and Behavioral Characterization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 318-337, August.
- Hoffman Elizabeth & McCabe Kevin & Shachat Keith & Smith Vernon, 1994. "Preferences, Property Rights, and Anonymity in Bargaining Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 346-380, November.
- Paul M. Romer, 2000. "Thinking and Feeling," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 439-443, May.
- Forsythe Robert & Horowitz Joel L. & Savin N. E. & Sefton Martin, 1994. "Fairness in Simple Bargaining Experiments," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 347-369, May.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1976. "Experimental Economics: Induced Value Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 274-279, May.
- Ray Fisman & Shachar Kariv & Daniel Markovits, 2005. "Pareto Damaging Behaviors," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000081, UCLA Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michal Krawczyk, 2011. "A model of procedural and distributive fairness," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 111-128, January.
- Hongyu Guan & Xianchen Zhu & Ping Zhang, 2016. "Rule-Inequality-Aversion Preference and Conditional Cooperation in Public Goods Experiments: Economic Experiment Evidence from China," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 799-825, July.
- Ahrens, Steffen & Snower, Dennis J., 2014.
"Envy, guilt, and the Phillips curve,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 69-84.
- Ahrens, Steffen & Snower, Dennis J., 2012. "Envy, Guilt, and the Phillips Curve," CEPR Discussion Papers 8796, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ahrens, Steffen & Snower, Dennis J., 2012. "Envy, guilt, and the Phillips curve," Kiel Working Papers 1754, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ahrens, Steffen & Snower, Dennis J., 2012. "Envy, Guilt, and the Phillips Curve," IZA Discussion Papers 6302, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Steffen Ahrens & Dennis Snower, 2012. "Envy, Guilt, and the Phillips Curve," CESifo Working Paper Series 3717, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ahrens, Steffen & Snower, Dennis J., 2012. "Envy, guilt, and the Phillips curve," Economics Working Papers 2012-01, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Utz Weitzel & Diemo Urbig & Sameeksha Desai & Mark Sanders & Zoltán J. Ács, 2015.
"The good, the bad, and the talented: Entrepreneurial talent and selfish behavior,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 2, pages 24-41
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Weitzel, Utz & Urbig, Diemo & Desai, Sameeksha & Sanders, Mark & Acs, Zoltan, 2010. "The good, the bad, and the talented: Entrepreneurial talent and selfish behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 64-81, October.
- Utz Weitzel & Diemo Urbig & Sameeksha Desai & Mark Sanders & Zoltan Acs, 2010. "The Good, the Bad, and the Talented: Entrepreneurial Talent and Selfish Behavior," Post-Print hal-00856604, HAL.
- Grimalda, Gianluca & Kar, Anirban & Proto, Eugenio, 2012.
"Everyone Wants a Chance : Initial Positions and Fairness in Ultimatum Games,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
989, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Grimalday, Gianluca & Karz, Anirban & Proto, Eugenio, 2012. "Everyone Wants a Chance: Initial Positions and Fairness in Ultimatum Games," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 93, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Gianluca Grimalda & Anirban Kar & Eugenio Proto, 2012. "Everyone Wants a Chance: Initial Positions and Fairness in Ultimatum Games," Working Papers 2012/21, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Alice Becker & Luis Miller, 2009.
"Promoting justice by treating people unequally: an experimental study,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 12(4), pages 437-449, December.
- Alice Becker & Luis M. Miller, 2009. "Promoting Justice by Treating People Unequally: An Experimental Study," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Chlass, Nadine & Güth, Werner & Miettinen, Topi, 2009. "Purely Procedural Preferences - Beyond Procedural Equity and Reciprocity," SITE Working Paper Series 3, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, revised 21 Oct 2014.
- Kota SAITO, 2012. "Social Preferences under Uncertainty: Equality of Opportunity vs. Equality of Outcome," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000396, David K. Levine.
- Kircher, Philipp & Sandroni, Alvaro & Ludwig, Sandra, 2009. "Fairness: A Critique to the Utilitarian Approach," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 288, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Luini, Luigi & Sabbatini, Pierluigi, 2012. "Demand cross elasticity without substitutability: An experiment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 255-265.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Grimalda, Gianluca & Jimenez, Laura, 2017. "Consultative Democracy & Trust," MPRA Paper 82138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heufer, Jan, 2013. "Quasiconcave preferences on the probability simplex: A nonparametric analysis," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 21-30.
- Michal Krawczyk & Fabrice Le Lec, 2010.
"‘Give me a chance!’ An experiment in social decision under risk,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 13(4), pages 500-511, December.
- F. Lelec & M. Krawczyk, 2010. "Give me a chance ! An experiment in social decision under risk," Post-Print hal-00675500, HAL.
- Kurtis Swope & John Cadigan & Pamela Schmitt & Robert Shupp, 2008.
"Social Position and Distributive Justice: Experimental Evidence,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 811-818, January.
- Kurtis Swope & John Cadigan & Pamela Schmitt & Robert S. Shupp, 2005. "Social Position and Distributive Justice: Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 200505, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Matteo Ploner, 2013.
"Does Procedural Fairness Crowd Out Other-Regarding Concerns? A Bidding Experiment,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 169(3), pages 433-450, September.
- Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Matteo Ploner, 2010. "Does procedural fairness crowd out other-regarding concerns? A bidding experiment," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-073, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Adam, Marc T.P. & Kroll, Eike B. & Teubner, Timm, 2014. "A note on coupled lotteries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 96-99.
- Hill, Sarah A. & Neilson, William, 2007. "Inequality aversion and diminishing sensitivity," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 143-153, April.
- Gianluca Grimalda & Anirban Kar & Eugenio Proto, 2016. "Procedural fairness in lotteries assigning initial roles in a dynamic setting," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 19(4), pages 819-841, December.
- Drichoutis, Andreas & Nayga, Rodolfo & Klonaris, Stathis, 2010. "The Effects of Induced Mood on Preference Reversals and Bidding Behavior in Experimental Auction Valuation," MPRA Paper 25597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grimalda, Gianluca & Farina, Francesco & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2018. "Preferences for redistribution in the US, Italy, Norway: An experiment study," Kiel Working Papers 2099, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Krawczyk, Michal, 2010. "A glimpse through the veil of ignorance: Equality of opportunity and support for redistribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 131-141, February.
- Ingrid Rohde & Kirsten Rohde, 2011. "Risk attitudes in a social context," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 205-225, December.
- Kota Saito, 2010. "Preference for Randomization - Ambiguity Aversion and Inequality Aversion," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000094, David K. Levine.
- Nicola Frignani & Giovanni Ponti, 2011. "Social vs. risk preferences under the veil of ignorance," Working Papers. Serie AD 2011-07, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- repec:spr:joecth:v:65:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00199-016-1015-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDictator game; Preferences for fairness; Choise under uncertainty; C91; D63;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:expeco:v:11:y:2008:i:2:p:174-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.