Taking regulation seriously: fire sales under solvency and liquidity constraints
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1991. " Measuring the Information Content of Stock Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 179-207, March.
- Yann Braouezec & Lakshithe Wagalath, 2016. "Risk-based capital requirements and optimal liquidation in a stress scenario," Working Papers 2016-ACF-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Martin Hellwig, 2009.
"Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis,"
Springer, vol. 157(2), pages 129-207, June.
- Martin Hellwig, 2008. "Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_43, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Divya Kirti & Vijay Narasiman, 2017. "How is the likelihood of fire sales in a crisis affected by the interaction of various bank regulations?," IMF Working Papers 17/68, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077925 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Reflections on Northern Rock: The Bank Run That Heralded the Global Financial Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, Winter.
- Diane Pierret, 2015.
"Systemic Risk and the Solvency-Liquidity Nexus of Banks,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(3), pages 193-227, June.
- PIERRET, Diane, 2014. "Systemic risk and the solvency-liquidity nexus of banks," CORE Discussion Papers 2014038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Viral V. Acharya & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013.
"Precautionary Hoarding of Liquidity and Interbank Markets: Evidence from the Subprime Crisis,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 107-160.
- Viral V. Acharya & Ouarda Merrouche, 2010. "Precautionary Hoarding of Liquidity and Inter-Bank Markets: Evidence from the Sub-prime Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viral Acharya & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013. "Precautionary Hoarding of Liquidity and the Interbank Markets: Evidence from the Sub-Prime Crisis," Post-Print hal-01638078, HAL.
- Acharya, Viral V & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2012. "Precautionary hoarding of liquidity and inter-bank markets: Evidence from the sub-prime crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 8859, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rama Cont & Eric Schaanning, 2017. "Fire sales, indirect contagion and systemic stress testing," Working Paper 2017/2, Norges Bank.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2011. "Fire Sales in Finance and Macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 29-48, Winter.
- Christophe Pérignon & David Thesmar & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2018. "Wholesale Funding Dry‐Ups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 73(2), pages 575-617, April.
- Long Chen & David A. Lesmond & Jason Wei, 2007. "Corporate Yield Spreads and Bond Liquidity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 119-149, February.
- Yann Braouezec & Lakshithe Wagalath, 2019. "Strategic fire-sales and price-mediated contagion in the banking system," Post-Print hal-02107567, HAL.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:274:y:2019:i:3:p:1180-1197 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bardoscia, Marco & Barucca, Paolo & Brinley Codd, Adam & Hill, John, 2017. "The decline of solvency contagion risk," Bank of England working papers 662, Bank of England.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goyenko, Ruslan Y. & Holden, Craig W. & Trzcinka, Charles A., 2009. "Do liquidity measures measure liquidity?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 153-181, May.
- Mahanti, Sriketan & Nashikkar, Amrut & Subrahmanyam, Marti & Chacko, George & Mallik, Gaurav, 2008. "Latent liquidity: A new measure of liquidity, with an application to corporate bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 272-298, May.
- Albert S. Kyle & Anna A. Obizhaeva, 2016. "Market Microstructure Invariance: Empirical Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 84, pages 1345-1404, July.
- Calimani, Susanna & Hałaj, Grzegorz & Żochowski, Dawid, 2017. "Simulating fire-sales in a banking and shadow banking system," ESRB Working Paper Series 46, European Systemic Risk Board.
- J. Donier & J. Bonart & I. Mastromatteo & J.-P. Bouchaud, 2015. "A fully consistent, minimal model for non-linear market impact," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 1109-1121, July.
- Jonathan Donier & Julius Bonart & Iacopo Mastromatteo & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2014. "A fully consistent, minimal model for non-linear market impact," Papers 1412.0141, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2015.
- Gur Huberman & Werner Stanzl, 2004. "Price Manipulation and Quasi-Arbitrage," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(4), pages 1247-1275, July.
- Jill Cetina, 2015. "Incorporating Liquidity Shocks and Feedbacks in Bank Stress Tests," Briefs 15-06, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Jack Bao & Jun Pan & Jiang Wang, 2011. "The Illiquidity of Corporate Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(3), pages 911-946, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; financial regulation; fire sales; stress testing; systemic risk;
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2019-05-06 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2019-05-06 (Central Banking)
- NEP-ORE-2019-05-06 (Operations Research)
- NEP-RMG-2019-05-06 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:0793. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.