Irreversible investment in oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Michael Spence, 1979. "Investment Strategy and Growth in a New Market," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 1-19, Spring.
- William Novshek, 1985. "On the Existence of Cournot Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 85-98.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1998. "Irreversible investment," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988.
"Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-985, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm," Working papers 1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice and the Value of the Firm," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275412, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Riedel & Xia Su, 2011. "On irreversible investment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 607-633, December.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 1999.
"Optimal Consumption Choice under Uncertainty with Intertemporal Substitution,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
9908002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bank, Peter & Riedel, Frank, 1999. "Optimal consumption choice under uncertainty with intertemporal substitution," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,71, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Kerry Back & Dirk Paulsen, 2009. "Open-Loop Equilibria and Perfect Competition in Option Exercise Games," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4531-4552, November.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Oligopoly Pricing: Old Ideas and New Tools," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026272040x.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Fridrik M. Baldursson, 1996. "Irreversible investment and industry equilibrium (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 69-89.
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2002. "Option Exercise Games: An Application to the Equilibrium Investment Strategies of Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 691-721.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferrari, Giorgio & Salminen, Paavo, 2016. "Irreversible Investment under Lévy Uncertainty: an Equation for the Optimal Boundary," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 530, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Kuno J.M. Huisman & Peter M. Kort, 2015. "Strategic capacity investment under uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(2), pages 376-408, June.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J. & Huisman, Kuno J.M. & Kort, Peter M., 2012.
"Symmetric equilibrium strategies in game theoretic real option models,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 219-225.
- Thijssen, J.J.J. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2002. "Symmetric Equilibrium Strategies in Game Theoretical Real Option Models," Discussion Paper 2002-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dianetti, Jodi & Ferrari, Giorgio, 2019. "Nonzero-Sum Submodular Monotone-Follower Games. Existence and Approximation of Nash Equilibria," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 605, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskiĭ, Sergei, 2014. "Preemption games under Lévy uncertainty," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 354-380.
- Maria B. Chiarolla & Giorgio Ferrari & Gabriele Stabile, 2014. "Optimal Dynamic Procurement Policies for a Storable Commodity with L\'evy Prices and Convex Holding Costs," Papers 1409.0665, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2015.
- Giorgio Ferrari & Paavo Salminen, 2014. "Irreversible Investment under L\'evy Uncertainty: an Equation for the Optimal Boundary," Papers 1411.2395, arXiv.org.
- Giorgio Ferrari, 2012.
"On an integral equation for the free-boundary of stochastic, irreversible investment problems,"
1211.0412, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2015.
- Ferrari, Giorgio, 2014. "On an integral equation for the free boundary of stochastic, irreversible investment problems," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 471, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Steg, Jan-Henrik, 2013. "Strategic Capital Accumulation with Singular Control," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79948, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Chiarolla, Maria B. & Ferrari, Giorgio & Stabile, Gabriele, 2015. "Optimal dynamic procurement policies for a storable commodity with Lévy prices and convex holding costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 847-858.
- Giorgio Ferrari & Frank Riedel & Jan-Henrik Steg, 2013. "Continuous-Time Public Good Contribution under Uncertainty: A Stochastic Control Approach," Papers 1307.2849, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2015.
- H. Dharma Kwon, 2019. "Game of Variable Contributions to the Common Good under Uncertainty," Papers 1904.00500, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:84:y:2017:i:c:p:1-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferrari, Giorgio & Riedel, Frank & Steg, Jan-Henrik, 2014. "Continuous-Time Public Good Contribution under Uncertainty," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 485, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
More about this item
KeywordsEquilibrium; Real options; Oligopoly; Stochastic game; Irreversible investment;
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bettina Weingarten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imbiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.