Irreversible investment in oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Michael Spence, 1979. "Investment Strategy and Growth in a New Market," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 1-19, Spring.
- William Novshek, 1985. "On the Existence of Cournot Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 85-98.
- Frank Riedel & Xia Su, 2011. "On irreversible investment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 607-633, December.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Fridrik M. Baldursson, 1996. "Irreversible investment and industry equilibrium (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 69-89.
- Bank, Peter & Riedel, Frank, 1999.
"Optimal consumption choice under uncertainty with intertemporal substitution,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1999,71, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 1999. "Optimal Consumption Choice under Uncertainty with Intertemporal Substitution," GE, Growth, Math methods 9908002, EconWPA.
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2002. "Option Exercise Games: An Application to the Equilibrium Investment Strategies of Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 691-721.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988.
"Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-985, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm," Working papers 1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kerry Back & Dirk Paulsen, 2009. "Open-Loop Equilibria and Perfect Competition in Option Exercise Games," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4531-4552, November.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1998. "Irreversible investment," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Oligopoly Pricing: Old Ideas and New Tools," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026272040x, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferrari, Giorgio & Salminen, Paavo, 2016. "Irreversible Investment under Lévy Uncertainty: an Equation for the Optimal Boundary," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 530, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Kuno J.M. Huisman & Peter M. Kort, 2015. "Strategic capacity investment under uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(2), pages 376-408, June.
- Giorgio Ferrari, 2012.
"On an integral equation for the free-boundary of stochastic, irreversible investment problems,"
1211.0412, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2015.
- Ferrari, Giorgio, 2014. "On an integral equation for the free boundary of stochastic, irreversible investment problems," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 471, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Giorgio Ferrari & Paavo Salminen, 2014. "Irreversible Investment under L\'evy Uncertainty: an Equation for the Optimal Boundary," Papers 1411.2395, arXiv.org.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J. & Huisman, Kuno J.M. & Kort, Peter M., 2012.
"Symmetric equilibrium strategies in game theoretic real option models,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 219-225.
- Thijssen, J.J.J. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2002. "Symmetric Equilibrium Strategies in Game Theoretical Real Option Models," Discussion Paper 2002-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chiarolla, Maria B. & Ferrari, Giorgio & Stabile, Gabriele, 2015. "Optimal dynamic procurement policies for a storable commodity with Lévy prices and convex holding costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 847-858.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:84:y:2017:i:c:p:1-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steg, Jan-Henrik, 2013. "Strategic Capital Accumulation with Singular Control," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79948, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Giorgio Ferrari & Frank Riedel & Jan-Henrik Steg, 2013. "Continuous-Time Public Good Contribution under Uncertainty: A Stochastic Control Approach," Papers 1307.2849, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2015.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskiĭ, Sergei, 2014. "Preemption games under Lévy uncertainty," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 354-380.
- Maria B. Chiarolla & Giorgio Ferrari & Gabriele Stabile, 2014. "Optimal Dynamic Procurement Policies for a Storable Commodity with L\'evy Prices and Convex Holding Costs," Papers 1409.0665, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2015.
- Ferrari, Giorgio & Riedel, Frank & Steg, Jan-Henrik, 2016. "Continuous-Time Public Good Contribution under Uncertainty," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 485, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
More about this item
KeywordsIrreversible investment; Oligopoly; Equilibrium; Singular stochastic control; 60G40; 91A15; 91A25; 93E20; C73; D43; D92;
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:16:y:2012:i:2:p:207-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .