Government versus opposition: Who should be who in the 16th German Bundestag?
We model the process of coalition formation in the 16th German Bundestag as a hedonic coalition formation game. In order to induce players' preferences in the game we apply the Shapley value of the simple game describing all winning coalitions in the Bundestag. Using different stability notions for hedonic games we prove that the "most" stable government is formed by the Union Parties together with the Social Democratic Party.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.imw.uni-bielefeld.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Jackson, Matthew O., 2002. "The Stability of Hedonic Coalition Structures," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 201-230, February.
- Suryapratim Banerjee & Hideo Konishi & Tayfun Sonmez, 1999.
"Core in a Simple Coalition Formation Game,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
449, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Shao Chin Sung, 2006.
"A Taxonomy of Myopic Stability Concepts for Hedonic Games,"
2006.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Shao Chin Sung & Dinko Dimitrov, 2005. "A taxonomy of myopic stability concepts for hedonic games," Working Papers 373, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Georg KIRCHSTEIGER & Clemens PUPPE, 1995.
"On the Formation of Political Coalitions,"
Vienna Economics Papers
vie9505, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Clemens Puppe, 1997. "On the Formation of Political Coalitions," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 153(2), pages 293-, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Frederik Herzberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.