Government versus Opposition: Who Should be Who in the 16th German Bundestag?
We model the process of coalition formation in the 16th German Bundestag as a hedonic coalition formation game. In order to induce players' preferences in the game we apply the Shapley value of the simple game describing all winning coalitions in the Bundestag. Using different stability notions for hedonic games we prove that the "most" stable government is formed by the Union Parties together with the Social Democratic Party.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Jackson, Matthew O., 2002. "The Stability of Hedonic Coalition Structures," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 201-230, February.
- Suryapratim Banerjee & Hideo Konishi & Tayfun Sonmez, 1999.
"Core in a Simple Coalition Formation Game,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
449, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Shao Chin Sung, 2006.
"A Taxonomy of Myopic Stability Concepts for Hedonic Games,"
2006.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sung, Shao Chin & Dimitrov, Dinko, 2011. "A taxonomy of myopic stability concepts for hedonic games," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 373, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Clemens Puppe, 1997.
"On the formation of political coalitions,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/5915, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Clemens Puppe, 1997. "On the Formation of Political Coalitions," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 153(2), pages 293-, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:89:y:2006:i:2:p:115-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.