Coalition Formation in Generalized Apex Games
The class of games with one apex player is generalized to the class of games with a collection of apex sets. These simple games, together with a power index, canonically induce a hedonic coalition formation game. A monotonicity property of solutions is introduced and its meaning for the induced hedonic game is analyzed. Necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of core stable partitions are stated and core stable partitions are characterized.
|Date of creation:||May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.feem.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Suryapratim Banerjee & Hideo Konishi & Tayfun Sonmez, 1999.
"Core in a Simple Coalition Formation Game,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
449, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dimitrov, Dinko & Haake, Claus-Jochen, 2008. "Stable governments and the semistrict core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 460-475, March.
- Montero, Maria, 2002.
"Non-cooperative bargaining in apex games and the kernel,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 309-321, November.
- Montero, M.P., 1999. "Noncooperative Bargaining in Apex Games and the Kernel," Discussion Paper 1999-61, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sagonti, Emanuela, 1991. "On the Strong Monotonicity of Power Indices," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 13-22.
- Pradeep Dubey & Abraham Neyman & Robert J. Weber, 1979. "Value Theory without Efficiency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 513, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-64, July.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2006.
"Government versus Opposition: Who Should be Who in the 16th German Bundestag?,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 115-128, November.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2005. "Government versus opposition: Who should be who in the 16th German Bundestag?," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 375, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2012.38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.