Is Labor's Loss Capital's Gain? Gross versus Net Labor Shares
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bridgman, Benjamin, 2018. "Is Labor'S Loss Capital'S Gain? Gross Versus Net Labor Shares," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(8), pages 2070-2087, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hulten, Charles R, 1992. " Accounting for the Wealth of Nations: The Net versus Gross Output Controversy and Its Ramifications," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages 9-24, Supplemen.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & JosÈ-Victor RÌos-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 2000.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality: A Macroeconomic Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1029-1054, September.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 1997. "Capital-skill complementarity and inequality: a macroeconomic analysis," Staff Report 239, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Marta Guerriero, 2019.
"The Labor Share of Income Around the World: Evidence from a Panel Dataset,"
- Guerriero, Marta, 2019. "The Labor Share of Income around the World: Evidence from a Panel Dataset," ADBI Working Papers 920, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Hui He & Zheng Liu, 2008.
"Investment-Specific Technological Change, Skill Accumulation, and Wage Inequality,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(2), pages 314-334, April.
- Hui He & Zheng Liu, 2007. "Investment-specific technological change, skill accumulation, and wage inequality," Working Papers 644, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 2007.
- Lawless, Martina & Whelan, Karl T., 2011.
"Understanding the dynamics of labor shares and inflation,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 121-136, June.
- Karl Whelan & Martina Lawless, 2007. "Understanding the dynamics of labor shares and inflation," Open Access publications 10197/220, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Whelan, Karl & Lawless, Martina, 2007. "Understanding the dynamics of labor shares and inflation," Working Paper Series 784, European Central Bank.
- Lawless, Martina & Whelan, Karl, 2007. "Understanding the Dynamics of Labour Shares and Inflation," Research Technical Papers 4/RT/07, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Charles R. Hulten & Paul Schreyer, 2010. "GDP, Technical Change, and the Measurement of Net Income: the Weitzman Model Revisited," NBER Working Papers 16010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enchuan Shao & Pedro Silos, 2014.
"Accounting For The Cyclical Dynamics Of Income Shares,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 778-795, April.
- Enchuan Shao & Pedro Silos, 2011. "Accounting for the cyclical dynamics of income shares," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2011-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Pedro Silos & Enchuan Shao, 2011. "Accounting for the Cyclical Dynamics of Income Shares," 2011 Meeting Papers 1078, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Miguel A. León-Ledesma & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2010.
"Identifying the Elasticity of Substitution with Biased Technical Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1330-1357, September.
- McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo & León-Ledesma, Miguel A., 2009. "Identifying the elasticity of substitution with biased technical change," Working Paper Series 1001, European Central Bank.
- Petri Böckerman & Mika Maliranta, 2012.
"Globalization, creative destruction, and labour share change: evidence on the determinants and mechanisms from longitudinal plant-level data,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 259-280, April.
- Maliranta, Mika & Böckerman, Petri, 2009. "Globalization, Creative Destruction, and Labor Share Change: Evidence on the Determinants and Mechanism from Longitudinal Plant-level Data," Discussion Papers 1178, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Brent Neiman, 2014. "The Global Decline of the Labor Share," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(1), pages 61-103.
- Ahsan, Reshad N. & Mitra, Devashish, 2014. "Trade liberalization and labor's slice of the pie: Evidence from Indian firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 1-16.
- Asheim, Geir B. & Weitzman, Martin L., 2001. "Does NNP growth indicate welfare improvement?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 233-239, November.
- Ezra Oberfield & Devesh Raval, 2012. "Micro data and macro technology," Working Paper Series WP-2012-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- David H. Autor & David Dorn & Gordon H. Hanson, 2015.
"Untangling Trade and Technology: Evidence from Local Labour Markets,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(584), pages 621-646, May.
- Autor, David & Dorn, David & Hanson, Gordon H., 2013. "Untangling Trade and Technology: Evidence from Local Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 7329, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David H. Autor & David Dorn & Gordon H. Hanson, 2013. "Untangling Trade and Technology: Evidence from Local Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 18938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Gollin, 2002. "Getting Income Shares Right," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 458-474, April.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & J. Steven Landefeld & Paul Schreyer, 2014. "Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number jorg12-1.
- Loukas Karabarbounis & Brent Neiman, 2014.
"Capital Depreciation and Labor Shares Around the World: Measurement and Implications,"
NBER Working Papers
20606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brent Neiman & Loukas Karabarbounis, 2015. "Capital Depreciation and Labor Shares Around the World: Measurement and Implications," 2015 Meeting Papers 357, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fariha Kamal & Mary E. Lovely & Devashish Mitra, 2019. "Trade liberalisation and labour shares in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(12), pages 3588-3618, December.
- Ellen Brock & Sabien Dobbelaere, 2006.
"Has International Trade Affected Workers’ Bargaining Power?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 142(2), pages 233-266, July.
- Ellen Brock & Sabien Dobbelaere, 2003. "Has International Trade Affected Workers' Bargaining Power?," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven 500377, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Ellen Brock & Sabien Dobbelaere, 2003. "Has International Trade Affected Workers?Bargaining Power?," LICOS Discussion Papers 13603, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Simeon Alder & David Lagakos & Lee Ohanian, 2014. "Competitive Pressure and the Decline of the Rust Belt: A Macroeconomic Analysis," NBER Working Papers 20538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Margaret M. Jacobson & Filippo Occhino, 2012. "Labor's declining share of income and rising inequality," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Sept.
- Joines, Douglas H, 1981. "Estimates of Effective Marginal Tax Rates on Factor Incomes," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 191-226, April.
- Ríos-Rull, José-Víctor & Santaeulàlia-Llopis, Raül, 2010. "Redistributive shocks and productivity shocks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 931-948, November.
- Partha Dasgupta, 2009. "The Welfare Economic Theory of Green National Accounts," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 3-38, January.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2014-11-12 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bea:wpaper:0114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bryn Whitmire) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Bryn Whitmire to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/beagvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.