The Size and Characteristics of Informal (“Gig”) Work in Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 2019. "Understanding Trends in Alternative Work Arrangements in the United States," NBER Working Papers 25425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc-André Gosselin & Mikael Khan, 2015. "A Survey of Consumer Expectations for Canada," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2015(Autumn), pages 14-23.
- Bracha, Anat & Burke, Mary A., 2016. "Who counts as employed?: informal work, employment status, and labor market slack," Working Papers 16-29, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Jonathan Lachaine, 2018. "Applying the Wage-Common to Canadian Provinces," Staff Analytical Notes 2018-16, Bank of Canada.
- Bracha, Anat & Burke, Mary A., 2017. "Wage inflation and informal work," Current Policy Perspectives 18-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour markets; Recent economic and financial developments;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocsan:19-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.