The Value of Don Bradman: Additional Revenue in Australian Ashes Tests
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Julian Blackham & Bruce Chapman, 2004. "The Value Of Don Bradman: Additional Revenue In Australian Ashes Tests," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 23(4), pages 369-385, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baimbridge, Mark & Cameron, Samuel & Dawson, Peter, 1996. "Satellite Television and the Demand for Football: A Whole New Ball Game?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 317-333, August.
- Idson, Todd L & Kahane, Leo H, 2000. "Team Effects on Compensation: An Application to Salary Determination in the National Hockey League," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 345-357, April.
- Claudio Lucifora & Rob Simmons, 2003. "Superstar Effects in Sport," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 4(1), pages 35-55, February.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Russell Smyth, 2003. "The Game is Not the Same: The Demand for Test Match Cricket in Australia," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 77-90, March.
- J. C. H. Jones & J. A. Schofield & D. E. A. Giles, 2000.
"Our fans in the north: the demand for British Rugby League,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(14), pages 1877-1887.
- J. Colin H. Jones & John A. Schofield & David E.A. Giles, 1999. "Our Fans in the North: The Demand for British Rugby League," Econometrics Working Papers 9902, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Leonard, Gregory K, 1997. "Superstars in the National Basketball Association: Economic Value and Policy," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 586-624, October.
- Jones, J C H & Ferguson, D G, 1988. "Location and Survival in the National Hockey League," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 443-457, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Das, Satya Prasanna, 2008.
"Game of Organizing International Cricket: Co-Existence of Country-Line and Club-Line Games,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-29.
- Das, Satya Prasanna, 2008. "Game of Organizing International Cricket: Co-Existence of Country-Line and Club-Line Games," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-26, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2010.
"An examination of the impact of India's performance in one-day cricket internationals on the Indian stock market,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 319-334, June.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2008. "An Examination Of The Impact Of India'S Performance In One-Day Cricket Internationals On The Indian Stock Market," Monash Economics Working Papers 09/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- John K. Wilson & Richard Pomfret, 2014. "Public Policy and Professional Sports," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15381.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer economics; Monopoly; Wages and compensation; Professional labour markets and occupations;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:auu:dpaper:480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpanuau.html .