Bargaining failures and merger policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Inderst, Roman & Wey, Christian, 2004.
"The incentives for takeover in oligopoly,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1067-1089, November.
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2001. "The Incentives for Takeover in Oligopoly," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-24, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2004. "The Incentives for Takeover in Oligopoly," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 423, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Inderst, Roman & Wey, Christian, 2002. "The Incentives for Takeover in Oligopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 3163, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ray, Debraj, 2007. "A Game-Theoretic Perspective on Coalition Formation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199207954.
- Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars, 2001. "Endogenous mergers in concentrated markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1213-1244, September.
- Fridolfsson, Sven-Olof & Stennek, Johan, 2005. "Hold-up of anti-competitive mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 753-775, December.
- Besanko, David & Spulber, Daniel F, 1993. "Contested Mergers and Equilibrium Antitrust Policy," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 1-29, April.
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson & Johan Stennek, 2005.
"Why Mergers Reduce Profits And Raise Share Prices-A Theory Of Preemptive Mergers,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 3(5), pages 1083-1104, September.
- FRIDOLFSSON, Sven-Olof & STENNEK, Johan, 1999. "Why mergers reduce profits, and raise share prices: A theory of preemptive mergers," Working Papers 1999018, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson & Johan Stennek, 2001. "Why Mergers Reduce Profits and Raise Share Prices: A Theory of Preemptive Mergers," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-26, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Barros, Pedro Pita, 1998. "Endogenous mergers and size asymmetry of merger participants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 113-119, July.
- Roberto Burguet & Ramon Caminal, 2010.
"Simultaneous Nash Bargaining with Consistent Beliefs,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
854.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Roberto Burguet and Ramon Caminal, 2010. "Simultaneous Nash Bargaining with Consistent Beliefs," Working Papers 521, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Olivier Compte & Philippe Jehiel, 2010. "The Coalitional Nash Bargaining Solution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(5), pages 1593-1623, September.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1990. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-499.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Burguet & Ramon Caminal, 2016. "Coalitional Bargaining with Consistent Counterfactuals," Working Papers 923, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsendogenous mergers; merger policy; bargaining; synergies;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-05-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2012-05-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2012-05-29 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aub:autbar:901.12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ufuabes.html .