Contemporaneous perfect Epsilon-equilibria
We examine contemporaneous perfect epsilon-equilibria, in which a player’s actions after every history, evaluated at the point of deviation from the equilibrium, must be within epsilon of a best response. This concept implies, but is stronger than, Radner’s ex ante perfect epsilon-equilibrium. A strategy profile is a contemporaneous perfect epsilon-equilibrium of a game if it is a subgame perfect equilibrium in a perturbed game with nearly the same payoffs, with the converse holding for pure equilibria.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON, SOCIAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE(S.S.R.I.), MADISON WISCONSIN 53706 U.S.A.|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ariel Rubinstein, 2010.
"Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
252, David K. Levine.
- KOHLBERG, Elon & MERTENS, Jean-François, .
"On the strategic stability of equilibria,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
716, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine, 1986.
"Limit Games and Limit Equilibria,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
220, David K. Levine.
- Watson Joel, 1994. "Cooperation in the Infinitely Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma with Perturbations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 260-285, September.
- Radner, Roy, 1980. "Collusive behavior in noncooperative epsilon-equilibria of oligopolies with long but finite lives," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 136-154, April.
- Borgers, Tilman, 1991. "Upper hemicontinuity of the correspondence of subgame-perfect equilibrium outcomes," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 89-106.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David, 1983.
"Subgame-perfect equilibria of finite- and infinite-horizon games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 251-268, December.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine, 1983. "Subgame-Perfect Equilibria of Finite- and Infinite-Horizon Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 219, David K. Levine.
- Ehud Lehrer & Sylvain Sorin, 1998. "-Consistent equilibrium in repeated games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 27(2), pages 231-244.
- Radner, Roy, 1981. "Monitoring Cooperative Agreements in a Repeated Principal-Agent Relationship," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1127-48, September.
- Borgers, Tilman, 1989. "Perfect equilibrium histories of finite and infinite horizon games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 218-227, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:att:wimass:20025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ailsenne Sumwalt)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.