Demand and Supply-side Drivers of Labour Productivity Growth: an empirical assessment for G7 countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2008.
"A Retrospective Look at the U.S. Productivity Growth Resurgence,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2007. "A retrospective look at the U.S. productivity growth resurgence," Staff Reports 277, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9781107196575 is not listed on IDEAS
- Concetta Castiglione, 2011. "Verdoorn-Kaldorâ€™s Law: an empirical analysis with time series data in the United States," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 1-8.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- repec:aka:aoecon:v:67:y:2017:i:supplement1:p:113-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- McCombie, J S L & de Ridder, J R, 1984. ""The Verdoorn Law Controversy": Some New Empirical Evidence Using U.S. State Data," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 268-284, June.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert Tamura, 1994.
"Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education, Third Edition, pages 323-350
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert Tamura, "undated". "Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 90-5a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert F. Tamura, 1990. "Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emanuele Millemaci & Ferdinando Ofria, 2014.
"Kaldor-Verdoorn's law and increasing returns to scale: A comparison across developed countries,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 140-162, January.
- Ofria, Ferdinando & Millemaci, Emanuele, 2010. "Kaldor-Verdoorn’s law and increasing returns to scale: a comparison across developed countries," MPRA Paper 30941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emanuele Millemaci & Ferdinando Ofria, 2012. "Kaldor-Verdoorn's Law and Increasing Returns to Scale: A Comparison Across Developed Countries," Working Papers 2012.92, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Guglielmo Forges Davanzati & Rosario Patalano & Guido Traficante, 2016. "The Italian economic decline in a Kaldorian theoretical perspective," Working Papers PKWP1606, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Nicholas Kaldor & James A. Mirrlees, 1962. "A New Model of Economic Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 174-192.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1999. "The Impact of Outsourcing and High-Technology Capital on Wages: Estimates For the United States, 1979–1990," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 907-940.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1999.
"Error Bands for Impulse Responses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1113-1156, September.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1994. "Error Bands for Impulse Responses," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1085, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1995. "Error bands for impulse responses," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 95-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2015. "Neo-Kaleckian and Sraffian Controversies on the Theory of Accumulation," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 154-182, April.
- Sergio Cesaratto & Franklin Serrano & Antonella Stirati, 2003. "Technical Change, Effective Demand and Employment," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 33-52.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9781316647332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1993. "Innovation and Growth in the Global Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570971, March.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003.
"Regulation, productivity and growth: OECD evidence,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(36), pages 9-72, April.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003. "Regulation, Productivity and Growth: OECD Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 347, OECD Publishing.
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2003. "Regulation, productivity, and growth : OECD evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2944, The World Bank.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2006. "A Simple Model of Inefficient Institutions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(4), pages 515-546, December.
- Marc Lavoie, 2016.
"Convergence Towards the Normal Rate of Capacity Utilization in Neo-Kaleckian Models: The Role of Non-Capacity Creating Autonomous Expenditures,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 172-201, February.
- Marc Lavoie, 2016. "Convergence towards the normal rate of capacity utilization in neo-Kaleckian models: the role of non-capacity creating autonomous expenditures," Post-Print hal-01343732, HAL.
- John S. L. McCombie & Mark Roberts, 2007. "Returns To Scale And Regional Growth: The Static-Dynamic Verdoorn Law Paradox Revisited," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 179-208, May.
- Matteo Deleidi & Walter Paternesi Meloni & Antonella Stirati, 2018. "Structural change, labour productivity and the Kaldor-Verdoorn law: evidence from European countries," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0239, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Philippe Aghion & Christopher Harris & Peter Howitt & John Vickers, 2001.
"Competition, Imitation and Growth with Step-by-Step Innovation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 467-492.
- Harris, Christopher & Howitt, Peter & Vickers, John & Aghion, Philippe, 2001. "Competition, Imitation and Growth with Step-by-Step Innovation," Scholarly Articles 12375013, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 2001. "Human Capital and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 12-17, May.
- repec:mes:postke:v:40:y:2017:i:4:p:600-621 is not listed on IDEAS
- Subodh Kumar & R. Robert Russell, 2002. "Technological Change, Technological Catch-up, and Capital Deepening: Relative Contributions to Growth and Convergence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 527-548, June.
- Ferdinando Ofria, 2009. "L'approccio Kaldor-Verdoorn: una verifica empirica per il Centro-Nord e il Mezzogiorno d'Italia (anni 1951-2006)," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 1, pages 179-207, January-M.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1962. "The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 155-173.
- Young, Allyn A., 1928. "Increasing Returns and Economic Progress," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 38, pages 527-542.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1972. "The Irrelevance of Equilibrium Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(328), pages 1237-1255, December.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Fabrizio Antenucci, 2018. "China Syndrome Or Not? Labour Market Effects Of A Greater Trade Openness In Us Manufacturing," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0242, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Daniele Girardi & Riccardo Pariboni, 2018. "Autonomous Demand and the Investment Share," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2018-18, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1975. "Economic Growth and the Verdoorn Law-A Comment on Mr. Rowthorn's Article," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(340), pages 891-896, December.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour Productivity; Kaldor-Verdoorn Law; Capital Deepening; SVAR;
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2019-03-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2019-03-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2019-03-11 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ast:wpaper:0042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/astril .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.