Optimal Redeeming Strategy of Stock Loans
A stock loan is a loan, secured by a stock, which gives the borrower the right to redeem the stock at any time before or on the loan maturity. The way of dividends distribution has a significant effect on the pricing of the stock loan and the optimal redeeming strategy adopted by the borrower. We present the pricing models sub ject to various ways of dividend distribution. Since closed-form price formulas are generally not available, we provide a thorough analysis to examine the optimal redeeming strategy. Numerical results are presented as well.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea, Pascucci, 2007.
"Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options,"
4766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Pascucci, 2008. "Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Huang, Jing-zhi & Subrahmanyam, Marti G & Yu, G George, 1996. "Pricing and Hedging American Options: A Recursive Integration Method," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 277-300.
- Dai, Min & Kwok, Yue Kuen, 2008. "Optimal multiple stopping models of reload options and shout options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2269-2290, July.
- Hans U. Gerber & Hlias S. W. Shiu, 1996. "Martingale Approach To Pricing Perpetual American Options On Two Stocks," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 303-322.
- Windcliff, H. & Forsyth, P. A. & Vetzal, K. R., 2001. "Valuation of segregated funds: shout options with maturity extensions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-21, August.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Jérôme Barraquand & Thierry Pudet, 1996. "Pricing Of American Path-Dependent Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 17-51.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0906.0702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.