Optimal Redeeming Strategy of Stock Loans
A stock loan is a loan, secured by a stock, which gives the borrower the right to redeem the stock at any time before or on the loan maturity. The way of dividends distribution has a significant effect on the pricing of the stock loan and the optimal redeeming strategy adopted by the borrower. We present the pricing models sub ject to various ways of dividend distribution. Since closed-form price formulas are generally not available, we provide a thorough analysis to examine the optimal redeeming strategy. Numerical results are presented as well.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans U. Gerber & Hlias S. W. Shiu, 1996. "Martingale Approach To Pricing Perpetual American Options On Two Stocks," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 303-322.
- Andrea Pascucci, 2008.
"Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Andrea, Pascucci, 2007. "Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options," MPRA Paper 4766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huang, Jing-zhi & Subrahmanyam, Marti G & Yu, G George, 1996. "Pricing and Hedging American Options: A Recursive Integration Method," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 277-300.
- Jérôme Barraquand & Thierry Pudet, 1996. "Pricing Of American Path-Dependent Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 17-51.
- Windcliff, H. & Forsyth, P. A. & Vetzal, K. R., 2001. "Valuation of segregated funds: shout options with maturity extensions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-21, August.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Dai, Min & Kwok, Yue Kuen, 2008. "Optimal multiple stopping models of reload options and shout options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2269-2290, July.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0906.0702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.