Optimal Redeeming Strategy of Stock Loans
A stock loan is a loan, secured by a stock, which gives the borrower the right to redeem the stock at any time before or on the loan maturity. The way of dividends distribution has a significant effect on the pricing of the stock loan and the optimal redeeming strategy adopted by the borrower. We present the pricing models sub ject to various ways of dividend distribution. Since closed-form price formulas are generally not available, we provide a thorough analysis to examine the optimal redeeming strategy. Numerical results are presented as well.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans U. Gerber & Hlias S. W. Shiu, 1996. "Martingale Approach To Pricing Perpetual American Options On Two Stocks," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 303-322.
- Andrea Pascucci, 2008.
"Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Andrea, Pascucci, 2007. "Free boundary and optimal stopping problems for American Asian options," MPRA Paper 4766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huang, Jing-zhi & Subrahmanyam, Marti G & Yu, G George, 1996. "Pricing and Hedging American Options: A Recursive Integration Method," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 277-300.
- Jérôme Barraquand & Thierry Pudet, 1996. "Pricing Of American Path-Dependent Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 17-51.
- Windcliff, H. & Forsyth, P. A. & Vetzal, K. R., 2001. "Valuation of segregated funds: shout options with maturity extensions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-21, August.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Dai, Min & Kwok, Yue Kuen, 2008. "Optimal multiple stopping models of reload options and shout options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2269-2290, July.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0906.0702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.